Vancouver Aquarium

Vancouver, Canada

Vancouver Aquarium Reviews

mazi mazi
Excellent-Don't miss it! Feb 12, 2011
The main attraction at this Aquarium are the Beluga Whales which are amazing creatures. When I went I seen three of them and their trained to do tricks etc.The guide gives you a full intro on the animal, it's habitat and predators etc which last for about 15 minutes so make sure your on time as the last show is @ 4 pm.

There's a great insight into the type of creatures that live in the deep blue sea along with the sea lion and Dolphins!
croga_travels25 croga_tr…
Affordable sightseeing Jun 18, 2011
The vancouver Aquarium i recommend for any visitors coming to vancouver.It doesn't cost much and is great for seeing dolphin's do tricks and great variety of sea life. The aquarium is in middle of stanley park which is also fun to explore with the beautiful vancouver scenary and you can rent bikes or rollarblades for about $10 an hour and adventure the seawall around stanley park.
TallAdamOC TallAdam…
Wonderful sea life Dec 08, 2010
As a fan of aquariums, I can't not go to an aquarium if I am visiting a city that has one. The Vancouver Aquarium should be no exception to anyone's list of things to do in Vancouver, even for a non-Aquarium lover. It is located in the middle of beautiful Stanley Park. The aquarium is a pretty good size aquarium, probably a little smaller the aquarium in Monterey CA. It has a good variety of sea life, mostly from the Pacific Northwest and Arctic, which is not surprising given it's geographical location. The staff is very friendly and able to answer any questions I had.
tridantri tridantri
Vancouver Aquarium Sep 09, 2009
If you stay in Vancouver then most likely you will get a rainy day. When you do take a trip to Vancouver Aquarium as there are some amazing species there.

The aquarium is divided into sections and it is easy to find your way around. The displays of exotic fish are mesmerising and I especially loved the jellyfish, which are in a specially lighted tank that makes their colours look very vibrant.

There is plenty of information about the species that are kept in the aquarium and there are members of staff around who can answer questions if you have any.

Food is expensive to buy in the aquarium so if you are planning on staying there for any length of time I would recommend that you bring your own food to save money.

There is also a dolphin show, which I have to admit is very spectacular. I do not like to see these kind of animals in captivity and it is far better to see them in the wild but their skill and agility is incredible to see.

There are also other animals there as well, such as snakes, insects, butterflies, birds and tortoises.

Although it is a bit pricey it is well worth a visit.
AJB331 says:
I totally agree with the above but must say I found the Beluga whales the most captivating.
Posted on: Nov 04, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Vancouver Aquarium

Victoria and Vancouver
I flew from Montreal to Victoria. Only spent a couple of days there as I wanted to spend a few days in Vancouver before flying out of Canada so just stayed in Victoria. The weather wasn't very good b…Vancouver aquarium. At the Vancouver Aquarium I did the Beluga Whale encounter. They were beautiful and I got to be part…
Stanley Park, Finding Nemo, Vancouver Aquarium
I took a little mini trip over to Vancouver to see some friends and they decided they wanted to take me to Stanley Park..and drop into the Vancouver Aquarium.   Okay now I was excited to go se…Vancouver Aquarium.   Okay now I was excited to go see Stanley Park...there is miles and miles of places…
So much to say, so long a post!
So, theres a lot to tell! Our first full day in Vancouver we decided to visit Granville island (which isnt actually an island at all, just an outcrop from the mainland). We decide to walk as i…Vancouver aquarium which had been recommended to us by one of Rachel's friends. It is housed within…

Check Vancouver Hotel Deals