Value Hotel Thomson

Value Hotel Thomson Rates and Deals

Value Hotel Thomson Singapore Reviews

drmcflurry drmcflur…
Sleeping in a 6 x 6 Jan 01, 2013
I've slept in a lot of small room hotels before but this place so far tops the list. It's actually so small that it only takes 2 steps to get from the bed to the toilet. Bathroom is ideal for people who like to multitask. The whole bathroom is almost an arms width and you can literally shower, brush your teeth, and do No. 2 all at the same time. Another thing about this hotel is that if you're really lucky you get the cell.. I mean room at the center of the building which means a room with a view and by view meaning a wall. There was a curtain where the window ought to be but I personally didn't give an effort to know what was behind it knowing already where my room was in the building. Design of the whole place is really nice if you're into hospital corridors. Speaking of corridors, they'll be a problem if you're one of those travelers who require a forklift for their baggage. It's a tad narrow for my liking is what I want to say.

The few good things about this place is just like Singapore itself the place is squeaky clean you can practically eat on the floor but don't cause the cleaning lady might run you over with her trolly. The room has everything you need in a city hotel except for room service. I can't remember correctly but I think there was only one socket in the whole cell.. i mean room. The bed is nice and comfortable but it's definitely not for those who are prone to the feeling that the walls are closing in. Just focus on the TV in front of the bed and you'll be fine. In my experience I just slept in that room and always felt the need to leave once the sun rises... well according to my watch since I can't really see the sun from the room. Bath had bathroom amenities and clean towels. Nothing special. Reception people are fine but nothing out of the ordinary. You know they're just doing their job.

Overall, for the price I paid for this 'value' hotel I expected a bit more than a 6x6. I wished I had checked out sooner than I did then I probably would've saved a lot more SGDs. Good thing I was here on business. I can't recommend this to people coming to Singapore on a holiday or even budget travelers. I'm sure there are other affordable places with more leg room or more wall sockets at least.
hudsonsmith says:
Brilliant post! I certainly like the way you’ve succinctly presented the information. Keep posting great reviews like this! Absolutely fantabulous!c
Posted on: Jul 07, 2014
indira indira
Value at its Best May 17, 2012
Hotel room and bathroom cleanliness are very essential for me when traveling.

I find Value Hotel Thomson as a clean, decent and tidy hotel and at the right price.

Food Shops are available next and across the hotel so it would be easy to find something to eat if you opt to find food nearby the hotel.

The hotel also provide option for hourly extension after check out hours at SGD10/hour and I find that reasonable and helpful since I had an evening flight.

Travelers can get taxi at the end of the road since its not near an MRT station.

Will definitely come back to stay again when I come back to Singapore :)

Value Hotel Thomson Overview

This Singapore accommodation is located just outside the center of the city. It takes only 15 minutes to reach the central business district, and only 10 minutes to reach Orchard Road, where guests can find shopping and dining options. Travelers may want to visit Chinatown, the Indian temples in the area, or the zoo. The Value Hotel Thomson is located close to the major roadways, making it easy for guests to reach all of their destinations. The MRT subway system is close to the hotel as well. Guests will find all manner of public transportation that can help them reach areas they want to visit. The airport is only a 30-minute drive away.

The property offers 366 rooms for guests. The rooms include amenities such as air conditioning, ironing boards, hairdryers, LCD TVs, and bathrooms.

Guests can begin each day with a breakfast at the hotel. The Value Hotel Thomson offers laundry service, a coffee shop, and safety deposit boxes. The hotel also has an outdoor pool and a gym where guests can keep in shape.

Value Hotel Thomson Amenities

• Laundry service
  • Shops
  • Excursions
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower