Valley of Fire State park

Nevada, United States
Valley of Fire State park - Anasazi for 'damn it's hot, back to the R-V for a cold one'
Valley of Fire State park - look at the horns on that one
Valley of Fire State park - are we there yet?
Valley of Fire State park - visit Mouse's tank

Valley of Fire State park Reviews

johnnyk johnnyk
Aug 23, 2007
The last stop in a mad dash attempt to complete the Grand Circle ended with a visit to Valley of Fire State Park near Las Vegas Nevada. This location was recommended by Travbuddy extraordinaire Vances, so please blame him if you find this review not to your liking.

We arrived from Utah looking for a place to camp but VOF's 110F temperature caused a rethinking of that plan. The park features some beautiful red sandstone rock formations providing dramatic relief from the otherwise stark Mojave Desert terrain. The highlights of our visit were sightings of Desert Big Horn Sheep and some amazing Anasazi Petroglyphs.

The park is less that a hour drive from the Strip and a highly recommended distraction from the standard Vegas fare of Casinos, Consumption and Call-girls.

A better description available on the park website at;

look at the horns on that one
are we there yet?
Anasazi for "damn it's hot, back t…
visit Mouse's tank
WaltJake says:
I'm sorry I missed this park, when we passed through Vegas last summer! It was also recommended to me (after the fact) by Vances. Oh, well, guess we'll catch it next time!
Posted on: Aug 26, 2007
jenn79 says:
That is so cool! I've only read about the Anasazi's in books - did you get to see any of their cliff-dwellings? I imagine that would be quite a sight..
Posted on: Aug 25, 2007
mellemel8 says:
i love this place. i would go hiking during the spring.
Posted on: Aug 25, 2007