Valencia F1 Street Circuit

Ciudad de las Artes y de las Ciencias, Valencia, Spain

Valencia F1 Street Circuit Reviews

tirsomaldonado tirsomal…
F1 urban circuit Aug 22, 2008
Last week i decide to attend The Grand Prix of Europe. It is an urban Formula One racing track presented for the first time. The Grand Prix of Europe has been organized on 17 occasions ranging from the Brands Hatch and Donington Park circuits in the UK, to the Spanish circuit in Jerez and at Nürburgring in Germany. This is the first time is being celebrated in Valencia! I live in Madrid so it only took me 3hours to get there. There are different ways to acces the cities, but if you are around Spain one of the best options is the train. You can get from anywhere for less than 50 euros. Actually it cost me 43,50€ coming from Madrid.

The circuit is impressive It is an extraordinary urban city which goes from the port’s docks through the districts located close to the city of arts and sciences. For those who do not know Valencia I must say is becoming one of the main touristic cities in the country. The key is been the construction of the “City of Arts and Sciences” designed by Calatrava. The City of Arts and Sciences presents one of the best options and presents a complete offer that makes Valencia a leader of cultural tourism. From interactive science at the Science Museum and large-screen cinema at the Science Museum and large-screen cinema at the Hemisféric, to bioeducational exhibits at the Oceanográfico (Marine World).

I am not a museum type of guy, but I am enjoying big time my visit to the City of Arts and Sciences. It takes you straight to the future, I looooove Calatrava´s work, so if you like architecture, this is a must visit place. Besides walking around the city, we went in the Oceanográfico (The Marine World Museum). I have been in amazinz marine world´s exhibitions, such as the one in Sydney, but the Oceanográfico has something very special. All buildings designed by Calatrava are breathtaking! Some people go there to see the fishes ☺ , I went there to walk around those incredibles buildings. It is a huge place, so you need around 2 hours to visit it. The tickets costs 23 euros, but it is worth every penny. It is a good idea to go there for lunch, and then start your visit. There are a couple of restaurants. One is a buffet, the other is a submarine restaurant!!!! We tried to have dinner there, but it was fully booked. We made a reservation for today, so I will tell you all about it tomorrow. By the way, there are also some beautiful terraces very close from the Oceanográfico to go out at night. Today we are planning to go there for a couple of drinks.

Going back to the F1 race, I would say that it is been a superb experience. I love urban circuits, as my first F1 race was in Montecarlo! Ohhh, before I forget, buy anything to cover your ears! Woaow!!! So noisy! If you don´t do it you will get a huge headache in a matter of minutes! We are in “Zona Grao – T25” which is an excellent curve along this circuit. Tickets range from 195€ to 480€. The circuit measures 5,473.5km and has a minimum width of 12 metres (i did my homeword hahah). It includes 25 bends, 11 to the left and 14 to the right. My ticket cost me 250€ and it has been a very good choice, so I recommend to you to get the tickets there. If you can get line 10 or above, so you have no fence in front of you. You cannot bring in the circuit alcohol or any covered beverages, so you have to bring them in opened. Inside prices are quite high, so just remember it. A sandwich plus a beer cost me around 12 euros.

If you are looking for accomodation, the Opera hotel is a very good option, as it is located right next to the circuit (3 minutes walk). I have a review from this hotel in my profile, so just check it out! The same hotel rented me an apartment, which is a very good option if you come along with more than 2 people.

Tomorrow I will write everything about the final race and the submarine restaurant at the Oceanográfico!

Nothing to say about the race! We were not very lucky and Fernando Alonso had to abandon after the first lap. Eventhough it was quite disappointing, we still enjoyed the race very much. At least Hamilton did not win and Massa arrived in the first position.

If you are planning to attend the race next year I highly recommend you to go to the submarine restaurant in the Oceanográfico. I am writting a review explaing all about it. After dinner we headed to the terraces in “La ciudad de las Artes y de las Ciencias” but we could not go in as everything was reserved for pilots and other important people :)

More photos at:
santafeclau says:
hola Tirso:

Le estás dando una gran publicidad a Valencia, aunque tienes mucha razón, la ciudad se ha convertido en un gran foco turístico en los últimos años. Ha cambiado mucho del 2000 para acá, la ciudad ha crecido, hay proyectos mucho más ambiciosos, sólo hay que ver lo de la America's Cup, el circuito de la F1 y hasta el concierto de Madonna! Todo esto habría sido impensable hace 10 años. Me alegro de que te lo hayas pasado bien en mi ciudad de adopción!
Posted on: Oct 01, 2008
Chokk says:
Must have been great - I would love to go one day!
Posted on: Aug 25, 2008
ratu says:
Ke cabron, tu si que sabes!
Posted on: Aug 24, 2008