142, Paris, France

Vagenende Paris Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Vagenende Mar 08, 2008
Situated in a house from 1878 la Brasserie Vagenende welcomes you in the most charming way. It is a place that charmes you right away.

The interior is from 1904 and is cosy, full of bras and dark wood everywhere. This place has always been one of my favorits places to eat, not as much due the food but more for the combination of style, atmosphere, and the friendly waiters here.

The restarant is situated in the heart of the latin quarter on Bd Saint-Germain, which is one of the place I enjoy the most in Paris. Walking in this neighbourhood on a Saturday evening and entering the restarant just takes you away.

As I stated earlier it is not the best place to eat but usually you cant go wrong with huitre, so this time I had a mixed plate of huitres for starter - quiet expensive compared to Brussels 29€, but you can choose cheaper alternatives. The oysters were great and I just loved it - I knew I had to take 12 ones because Kaija and her sister naturally wanted to taste mine. Well as one of my friends said "you dont enjoy huitres before you pass the big 30" - so they were not impressed:) Kaija´s sis had a very good onion soup - but Kaija didnt enjoy her starter.
My mixed huitres
Small mosaik on the wall - like a …
The interior