Vacations Resort - Manase

Savai`i, Samoa

Compare Fagamalo Hotel Rates (7.8km away)

Vacations Resort - Manase Savai`i Reviews

caranbeau caranbeau
Affordable Traditional Samoan Living - Must do for a taste of Samoa Jul 23, 2008
Vacations was a great place to stay to mingle with other tourists from all around the world, great friendly customer service. The staff were exceptionally friendly. We stayed 5 nights & breakfast & dinner are included in the price, so it is really affordable. There is only a cold shower, but honestly, you don't need hot water over there, it is very hot... The beach fales are nice & cool, with the ocean breeze making it that more cooler @ night, because it is very hot there... All your gear is very safe, they have a security guard @ night, but there is really no need.....Dont expect 5star hotel though, as it is a taste of samoa, traditional fales, with shared bathroom facilities, but it is a MUST DO experience, my daughter & I enjoyed it. There are tours around Savaii Island, but we didnt do any.. We done the big walk to 'swim with the turtles' my daughter enjoyed that, we walked their with a few girls that work @ Vacations (who acted as tourguides for us THANK U Sape & Tusi) it was fun. Got some traditional weaving souvenirs for family on our journey... It was a nice restful place to go, they have a bar, which is open pretty much from after breakfast being served... But there are other Resorts close by, where you can go & see Fia Fia nights @ a small cost/donation... My daughters favourite breakfast was their Samoan Pancakes... very nice... You have a fresh hibiscus flower on your plate with each breakfast... I even got a tattoo of one on my ankle back in Apia to symbolise our first trip to Samoa!!! hahaha... well worth it.... Also Saleloga Market has a way better variety of traditional samoan souvenirs ie, Tapa, bangles, lava lava's alot more affordable than in Apia :)

A big thanks to all the staff @ vacations for making our 5nights a very enjoyable one!!! Especially to Sape, Poulini, Tusi & Lani :) Cara misses you all already!!!

One more handy tip, it pays to hire a car, as taxi's can get pretty expensive :)

Compare Fagamalo Hotel Rates (7.8km away)

Savai`i Map