V Hotel Bencoolen

V Hotel Bencoolen - bedroom

V Hotel Bencoolen Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Brand New Hotel near Bugis Junction Mall May 03, 2014
This trip to Singapore is not really plan since I just turn up at the airport and purchased ticket directly to go to Singapore from the airlines counter, and unfortunately my recently brand new laptop (less than five months old just died when I arrived in Singapore), so I was not able to check or book a hotel through the internet, and I do not have much choice and just booked the hotel from the Hotel recommendation in the Airport arrival area if I want to have a bed to sleep for the night.

It seems, not much choice for budget hotel suitable with my pocket on Saturday night, since I arrived in Singapore at 7pm, so I just choose the hotel which is reasonable and would not bankrupt me financially for stay several days.

The airport staff said the hotel is brand new, just six months old and it is in a very good location near Dobby Ghout MRT (she said I can see the hotel building from the MRT station) and when she shows me the hotel photos, it looks nice, modern and inviting with a pool as well.

So I took MRT from the Airport to the hotel which is very easy but a wee bit difficult to find the hotel since I could not see the hotel directly when I go up from the MRT station. After asking several people at the street to get a direction to the hotel, finally I managed to find the hotel sign.

It appears the hotel is right next block from “Rendevous Hotel” and next door from the “Bayview Hotel”, and there is a construction worker going on (they are building a new MRT station in this area) so the walkway to the hotel was quite strange and actually a bit scary if you walk alone at night time since it was closed on each side (left and right and also the roof) with steel so if someone robe you here, nobody can see or hear you scream.

The hotel lobby is very modern and the staffs attentively open and close the door for me. The check in take some times since he probably needs to confirm my reservation with the airport. I requested room at high floor and my room located on the nine floors with big windows and a very good view toward Singapore city.

Unfortunately the room is really small, probably only 15 sqm with one double bed, small cupboard, flat screen television and other amenities like slipper and free 2 mineral water in the room. The bathroom is modern and very clean, and the room also really fresh looking.

There is small swimming pool at the third floor but I did not use it and also small garden opposite the pool. There are a couple of computer free to use for hotel guest. Unfortunately they use apple application which I am not familiar and it was not easy to use this computer, especially you need to login with your special password which is given when you first check in. Wifi is free in the whole building if you have computer with you.

It cost SGD150 per night without breakfast. I personally think it is expensive for this kind of room. The plus at this place is a “Kopi Tiam” place which kind of food hall which sell different type of food and has big air condition seating area, and it was cheap to eat at this place just around the corner. Also plenty other restaurant nearby and many malls next door.
Singapore Map