Uzboy Hotel

Uzboy Hotel - My room
Uzboy Hotel - My room
Uzboy Hotel - The lobby
Uzboy Hotel - Hotel Uzboy
Uzboy Hotel - The bazaar across the road (which has a pretty decent restaurant)

Uzboy Hotel Dashoguz Reviews

Biedjee Biedjee
An ok mid-range option if you get stuck in Dashoguz Jun 24, 2010
If you travel through Turkmenistan on a transit visa, chances are you will find yourself in Dashogus at some point. After all, this city is near one of the most convenient border crossings with Uzbekistan (Khiva is just 35 km away). There are only three options to spend the night in this city, and when I visited the cheapest of the three was closed for refurbishment, so I ended up at the second-cheapest, the hotel Ozboy.

It is quite a bit more expensive than the places I usually stay at. Prices start at $30, but there were no rooms for this price range available, so I ended up paying $40. This is quite steep, especially when you consider a similar room across the border, in Uzbekistan, won't set you back more than $15. Asking for a discount didn't really get me anywhere either. My question was just met by a blank stare from the receptionist. Why would anyone propose to pay less when this is the price listed on the price list?

For the money you do get a large, clean and comfortable room though. Complete with TV, A/C and a large bathroom. Now if this hotel had been situated in an interesting city rather than a deserted Soviet town, this would have been a great mid-range deal. Now it just feels a bit like a rip-off, since you have no choice but to stay here.

Room service is a bargain though. I tried to order something in the restaurant, but they were having a wedding party, so I had to order food in my room. Some assorted somsas, French fries and a beer for less than $4. Not a bad deal at all.

Breakfast in the morning (included in the price) is pretty good too: a buffet with a decent number of choices.

Try to get a room away from the lobby though. The busy street outside quiets down after dark, but the wedding party in the restaurant doesn't! The music was incredibly loud and continued until midnight.
My room