Using Norwegian Airlines for Getway to Europe

Oslo, Norway

Using Norwegian Airlines for Getway to Europe Oslo Reviews

cotton_foam cotton_f…
inexpensive, but of course there are added fees to consider... May 24, 2015
I guess I am lucky for “unearthing” a cheap airfare with Norwegian Airlines. Here is the catch: you pay extra $45.00 for every add-on e.g. in-flight meals, pre-arranged seat, and luggage. Also, if you feel cold in the middle of the flight, and decides to buy their blanket, that is another $5.00 payable in cash or credit cards. A card reader slit is found on your entertainment screen; just slide your card in that slit, and payment is immediately processed.

Except for the in-flight meals and a blanket, I opted to NOT pay for the other "extras." I was freezing to death during the flight so; I had no choice but to buy their thin blanket. I had a "sarong" with me, so I overlapped the two linens to cover me. My word of advice? Bring a small blanket when flying with Norwegian Airlines.

The in-flight food that cost me $45.00 is nothing to rave about, but it is not so bad either. They served meals on two occasions -- dinner and dinner! The attendants also served or offered drinks a few times.

The ground staff who checked me in was nice, but the attendants during the in-flight were quite distant to passengers.

For the seating space; there's not enough leg room. Not that I am tall, but I sat next to two American girls who are both tall in their heights, and could barely move. Each seat was nice that it has an entertainment screen, but selections for visual entertainment is limited -- less than 15 movies if I remember it correctly. Most of the titles are old films.

We boarded the plane and took off on time from Los Angeles, and arrived in Oslo on time as well. And on my flight back to Los Angeles from Oslo; again, my flight schedule was on time.

Norwegian Airline aircrafts are new. One of their special features is as soon as the lights turned dim; the cabin pressurized to a lower altitude. The effect is a less troubled jet lag. I guess, this could be the reason I didn't experience a nasty jet lag when I came back from my trip to Europe.

Despite the "minus-factors," I would use Norwegian Airlines again because it suits my budget! :))
I love zucchinis!
missandrea81 says:
I thought it was just me!! I was looking for the bookmark button recently. Well, we can still make a bookmark browsers, so I guess it was an obsolete feature.
Posted on: Aug 15, 2015
cotton_foam says:
Andrea: I agree with you...TB used to have a "bookmark" where you can "store" photos, blogs or reviews; that serve a good resource for future travels, but TB creators removed that feature...

Nolan: mura lang talaga...for RT ticket; almost $500./passenger lang.
Posted on: Aug 14, 2015
nolan says:
You didn't mention how much the LAX-OSL roundtrip cost ... or probably it was somewhere else in your blog.
Posted on: Aug 13, 2015