Useful iPhone Apps when in Seoul, Korea

Useful iPhone Apps when in Seoul, Korea Reviews

dizzyedge dizzyedge
Useful (and free) iPhone Apps when in Seoul, Korea Mar 06, 2011
Generic Apps:

1. MobileRSS (Free version): I use this to sync with my Google Reader so I can still keep track of my subscriptions.

2. Flickr: When I want to research on new attractions and places to stay, pictures always help.

3. Accuweather: Because I was in Seoul during winter, the weather condition was vastly different from what I'm used to, so checking their weather is always good.

4. Visit Korea: An app designed by Korean Tourism Organisation so the information pulled are essentially from the visitkorea.or.kr website. Some useful features include recommended itineraries (categorized according to themes) like eco-tourism and night life, real-time exchange rates, weather, world time and essential Korean phrases. It is really useful but because the information is pulled from the website, it doesn't look as optimized for iphone than the iTour Seoul.

Seoul-specific Apps:

1. Seoul Travel Mate: I found myself referring to this subway directory when using Seoul's Metro. Simply enter the station of departure and arrival (categorized alphabetically or according to line number), and this app will generate the shortest route. A Cafe Map shows all cafes, fast-food outlets and ice-cream stores near your location using Google Maps.

2. Seoul Metro Tour (Korean Sauna Edition): This app has a metro map with timings of first and last train for each station. They list spas / jiljimbangs nearest to the station and specifies the Exit number.

3. iTour Seoul: With offline content, this app is good when you are in an area with no wireless access. Offline, you can access lists of dining places, attractions, hotels, parks, subway stations and department stores (all available to be bookmarked). Online, it will detect your current location and show the places near you. We find it very useful since they provide the address, phone number and closest subway stations.

Check Seoul Hotel Deals