Uruguay

Uruguay

Uruguay Reviews

CarenaA CarenaA
Best Places to Go in Uruguay Aug 15, 2015
Uruguay is a diamond in the rough. Not a lot of people know about it but it's a gem and I love it there. I suggest that you go visit Cabo Palonio in Uruguay if you like beaches, sand dunes, seals, beautiful scenery and natural eco-friendly living and nice people! Cabo Palonio is this small village of about 100 people who live there year round. It's "hippyish" if that's your kind of thing, even if it's not, it's definitely worth checking out during the day. They have very cheap places to stay the night but there isn't electricity or running water. They have alternative accommodations for that such as candles and water buckets set up over the shower, I've never stayed the night but that's what I've heard and seen in pictures. If you're looking for more night city life and clubbing I would suggest to go to Punta del Este clubs in the months of December and Early January. If you're not going in Jan or Dec I suggest going to Montevideo. They have night life along the coast ("La Rambla") such as a club called "El Club" or "Lotus" if you like edm/latin/dance music. If you want the full Uruguayan cumbia loving experience I suggest going to a club called "Rabioso" located in Ciudad Vieja. For good Uruguayan style meat called "asado" you should go to Ciudad Vieja during the day and there is a ton of places to eat and shop.
Uruguay Map