Ursuline Guest House

Ursuline Guest House Rates and Deals

Ursuline Guest House New Orleans Reviews

kalenamonster kalenamo…
Charm, culture, friendly, and close to it all! Mar 17, 2012
My friend and I needed to escape and even though we knew we were heading to New Orleans, we were kind of blind about picking the place. Whether luck or fate, the Ursuline Guest House was by far the best decision we made the entire trip! From the moment we walked up, the charm and quaint atmosphere leaked out. We were able to leave our bags in the office since we arrived early, and they still gave us the keys. Relaxing in the courtyard was bliss surrounded by greenery and the koi pond.

Our room was so freaking cute we couldn't help but smile every time we came home. I absolutely loved how it was old, and the steps were steep, and you could just tell there was history. The first night my friend and I enjoyed some cheese and wine with the owner in the courtyard, met some fantastic people, and received amazing recommendations on where to go. I have never felt so welcome and comfortable in all of the places I have stayed! Our location was PERFECT! Less than a block to Bourbon, 3 and a half min walk to the French Market, and 5 minutes to Frenchmen st.

All in all, if you are looking for fancy pants yes sir, may I assist you sir, go stay at the Marriot. If you want character, genuine kindness and Southern hospitality, and the most unique experience, stay at the Ursuline Guest House.
Explorer-Trivi says:
Thanks for the nice review Kalena.
Safe travels and enjoy!
Take care
-Trivi
Posted on: Mar 17, 2012
kalenamonster kalenamo…
Charm, culture, friendly, and close to it all! Mar 17, 2012

Ursuline Guest House Overview

The Ursuline Guest House is right in the heart of the French Quarter. The guest house is close enough to walk to the action of Bourbon Street. A few steps off the street and you're into the quiet serenity of the lush New Orleans-style courtyard. There is a pharmacy, a grocery / deli and a laundry facility in the block, just steps from the front door. Famous Bourbon Street is just a half block away in the heart of the French Quarter. The Croissant d'Or (Golden Croissant) Dior is a French patisserie where you can enjoy a cup of coffee and a delicious pastry or a hot croissant sandwich exactly the way it is done in France located half a block from the guesthouse. Mule and horse-drawn carriages glide close by the guest house. You can climb aboard one for a tour of the city! Carriages board at Jackson Square, just a few blocks away. The world-famous open-air French Market is about two blocks from the guest house door. The shopping is wonderful! Everything from cajun spices, beignet mix, exotic coffees to souvenirs and home decor items! Many artists create and display their work here, too!

The private, intimate courtyard, complete with a 24-hour hot tub and complimentary wine and cheese each evening, is the perfect setting for catching up with old friends and making new friends is just as enjoyable!

All rooms in the guest house offer TVs, heating and air conditioning, private bathrooms, fine collectible and antique decorations. All rooms are non-smoking. However, smoking is permitted in the courtyard. Rates are based on double occupancy. Charges for extra adults may apply and will be due directly to the hotel.

Ursuline Guest House Amenities

• Water Activities
  • Fishing
  • Horse Riding
  • Desk
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • En suite