Urbain Hiroshima Central

Check Hiroshima Hotel Deals

Urbain Hiroshima Central Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Great deal in a good location May 11, 2013
I arrived early at the hotel, so I just left my luggage and went out to explore the city. Check in wasn´t until 3 pm and they are very strickt about this time in Japan. Urbain Hiroshima Central is located in central Hiroshima, a 10 minutes tram journey from Hiroshima train station or a 15 minutes walk. Hiroshima Castle is only a 10 minutes walk from the hotel.

When I came back later in the day, check in was efficient. The reception staff, who spoke very little and some no English, was as friendly and informative as they could be. Despite a few language problems, they tried their best to help.

I had booked a single room. It was small, but comfortable enough for my three days stay. Most hotel rooms in this price range are very small. The twin bed was comfortable, and so was the pillow. I have experienced so many uncomfortable pillows in Japanese hotels, so this was a nice surprise. The desk was good and not overloaded with advertisements, instructions and other printed material in Japanese. Besides the bed and the desk, there were a fridge, a water boiler and clean ironed PJs every day. The AC worked wonderfully!

The bathroom was also small, but the cleanest I have seen so far on my trip. So was the room. The bathroom had a nice oval tub and some amenities. The size of the bathroom wasn´t really a problem, since the hotel had a public bath. I went there everyday to relax in the hot tub after long days of sight seeing.

The public bath was small, but very nice and clean. It had a washing area, a pool with very hot water and a sauna. I´m getting used to these public baths. Will definitely miss them when I go home. The public bath was located on the second floor, next to the reception. To get the key to the bath I had to deposit my room key. I don´t understand the paranoia about the key thing. They could watch the entrance from the reception, so non guests wouldn´t be able to get in without being noticed. Remember to grab a towel before you go in, there are no towels inside the bath. I learned this the hard way!

Internet was free, but there was only LAN connection in the room. A problem if you have an iPad. There was only wi-fi in the lounge/breakfast area. On the first night it did not work, so one of the reception staff brought a device he installed in the breakfast room. From there we were able to get a wi-fi connection. The next two nights it worked well.

Breakfast was included in the room rate and so was free hot and cold drinks 24/7. You could just help yourself from a machine in the breakfast room. In the same room there were a toaster and a micro wave for guests to use. Next to the public bath there were two washing machines and two dryers, also for free use for guests. A bag of detergent, which could be bought in the reception, was 50 yen (50 cent). The hotel also rented out bicycles to hotel guests. 300 yen for 2 hours.

I can recommend Urbain Hiroshima Central for its convenient location, nice and helpful staff, clean rooms and not to mention the price. At $55 pr night it´s a very good deal. If I return to Hiroshima I will book at this hotel again.
My comfy bed
Desk with TV, fridge and water boi…
Entrance to my room! Sweet to leav…
Which button to push? (Remote cont…
sarahsan says:
Thanks Vance! I try to include the info people might want to know!
Posted on: May 12, 2013