Untouchable Tours

Untouchable Tours - This is Southside, one of the tour guides
Untouchable Tours - And Matches

Untouchable Tours Chicago Reviews

mazi mazi
2 tour guides were very entertaining but historically not much to see! Nov 11, 2013
I was interested in putting a place to Capone's name but didn't see a whole lot.Most of the places where the massacre's occurred have been demolished.This company seems to be the only tour that operates any mention of the mobsters. Scareface etc.It is very light hearted fun and they do show 2 buildings that are still there one of which is Capone's Speakeasy bar where he used to acquaint-Room 21.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
raku3324 raku3324
The Untouchable Tours Experience Jul 08, 2011
If you are a big Mafia fanatic,love crime stories or just want to know more history, this is the tour for you. The tour is in Chicago, IL. The cost per person was $30. My boyfriend and I went during the peak season. We went during Memorial Day weekend. I made reservations. They say its highly recommended.

The tour tries to make the 1920s as real as possible. With the tour guides names, costumes, music, riding an old school bus and gun shooting, it was fun to experience it. The tour guides also mentioned the history of Chicago including the big fire, Lake Michigan, etc which was a nice bonus. There have funny jokes and stunts to make it fun and real.

Unfortunately you do not see the old buildings where the Mafia did their crimes. But to hear their stories and re-living the past is their magic. The tour was 2 hours long. I definitely recommend this to anyone! It is also kid friendly. :)
This is Southside, one of the tour…
And Matches
raku3324 says:
Awesome lol
Posted on: Jul 09, 2011
bkretzer bkretzer
Al Capone says Jul 19, 2006
When we decided to go to Chicago one of the first things I did was to check into the Untouchable Tours. I had heard about them from a guide book, and the thought of having someone take us all over Chicago to see the places the Chicago gangsters of the 1920s and 1930s made infamous sounded like a lot of fun.

You meet up at the Rock and Roll McDonalds in the River North section of the city, and board the tour bus. Our guides, with the colorful names of “Al Dente” and “Lefty”, and dressed in period garb, began by telling us a bit about the city in the 1920s.

From there the tour begins. You learn about Al Capone and rival Bugs Moran. There is John Dillinger and Dion O’Bannon. You see the Biograph Theater where Dillinger was killed, the Holy Name Cathedral which a number of gangsters attended, the site of the St Valentines Day Massacre (apartment buildings now), and many others.

The guide do a great job of keeping things moving, which is a bit of a chore on two hour tour spread over both sides of the Chicago River. There is plenty of humor in the stories and they get their guests involved in the fun, by having them duck when machine gun fire is played over the sound system at appropriate times and by interjecting them into a story they tell.

By the end of the tour you have a much better understanding of how things were and why things happened the way they did, and it was fun.

There were two things I didn’t like. It was a bit expensive at $25 per person. And as the tour was in a bus, you did always get the best view. I would have liked to stop at a few of the places, but at the end the guide are happy to tell you how to get to your favorite place for a closer look. We did exactly that with the Holy Name Cathedral.

Would I do it again? I did enjoy it, and was plenty to see, but I don’t think there is a lot of room to change it up, so it would be like watching a movie again. Still, I think I would do it a second time, just to see what I might have missed, and to experience the flavor one of the other guides might provide.
Untouchable Tour
Squeak123 says:
Another great review Bill! I have a 8 hour layover in Chicago in June. You have just give me a really great idea :)
Posted on: Apr 16, 2008
ejames01 says:
Sounds like a lot of fun. Chicago was wild back then.
Posted on: Apr 16, 2008
jamartin39 says:
Tour sounds like fun when I go to Chi Town Ill have to check it out!
Posted on: Apr 15, 2008