United States Naval Academy

www.usna.edu - (410) 293-1000

United States Naval Academy Annapolis Reviews

missandrea81 missandr…
Welcomes Visitors for free May 18, 2012
You'll need valid photo ID to enter the premises.

The Naval Academy is located in Annapolis. On its grounds you can find a large visitor center, the Naval Museum and the crypt of John Paul Jones, among other things

This review is mainly about the museum, since I spent more time here than in the rest of the academy.

I enjoyed my visit to the Naval Academy very much. Everything is very neat and well kept. It's quiet and there are tours that you can book. We did not do this on our visit so I can't comment on it.

I saw the very impressive crypt of John Paul Jones. Impressive because of the elaborate decorations on the casket.

The Naval Museum offers an informative stroll through Naval History. It can definitely be compared to the other military museums I've been too, like the Marine Corps Museum in Quantico, VA or the Airbourne Museum in Fayetteville, NC.

On a hot day it allows you to cool down for a bit before heading back to the water front.

All of this is FREE!
Entrance to the Naval Academy
John Paul Jones crypt
Hrs of the museum
One of the many ship models
missandrea81 says:
Thanks for your smiles and comments! :)
X_Drive says:
Great pictures!! :D
williamsworld says:
I have never been here, must get there
peterbarkley peterbar…
May 06, 2006
I've been to the Academy once or twice and it's certainly worth doing if you've never been to Annapolis before. The Academy is over 150 years old and is steeped in Naval tradition. The tours look interesting - I've never taken one. But beware - the tour guides sometimes like to make up facts! The Chapel is breathtaking in its dimensions and beauty, and now holds the world's largest draw-knob organ console, which can be heard occasionally in concerts. Bancroft Hall is where all the midshipmen live, and is the largest dormitory in the nation. The museum is also worth seeing, particularly for their collection of naval weapons and model ships.

Check Annapolis Hotel Deals