United Coffee House

011 2341 6075

United Coffee House New Delhi Reviews

dardeb dardeb
Delicious food in beautiful setting Nov 20, 2011
We stumbled upon this place as we were looking for a good restaurant with local food on Connaugth square.

It’s not difficult to find it at all, but it’s called Coffee House, and you can’t see anything inside, you only see a host standing in front, so you have no idea what is this place. We walked by few times, and then once we gathered enough courage to peak in we knew this must be a good place.

Décor is very beautiful, luxurious, including fancy ceiling lamps, mosaics on walls, big tables and chairs. It was full of people both times we were there. Lots of locals, and foreigners as well. Their menu is big, and besides Indian dishes you can find other cuisines as well. I can’t remember the name of the dish I selected, but it was chicken in some spicy sauce. It was just the right amount of spicy for me. My friends ordered other things, and were somewhat happy with their selections. I was really happy with mine. My portion was big, and I felt bad I couldn’t finish it.

The only downside is their staff. There are lots of them moving around, yet they’re not the most organized. They forget orders and take their time with it.
United Coffee House
my tasty dish
sandwich, with interesting chips s…
spocklogic says:
Good find - seems highly recommended in the others reviews here as well. May not remain hidden for long now!
Posted on: Mar 19, 2013
tirsomaldonado tirsomal…
Awesome chicken curry in Delhi Jan 08, 2010
It is not a very nice looking restaurant but they serve excellent food! And best of all, they have Indian, Oriental and Continental food, so it suits every ones tastes. We had Murg Haryali Tika for starters, which is chicken with mint sauce quite spicy, Green Chicken Curry for mains and a beautiful white wine from Australia (Hardy´s Stamps). They had wines from all over the world except Spain ☹ Silvia could not have spicy food, as she is pregnant, so we warned them and served her a very light curry.

When we entered the restaurant I was cold and I left sweating like a pig! ☺ Woaw, that was really spicy ☺ I love the sensation, although next day I was not so happy ☺ My stomach killed me and I spent some time in the bathroom. By the way, expect to spend a long time in the restaurant, as they are not very fast! If you are Spanish, you will be used to have long dinners, but if you are American, just be patient! ☺ By the way, ask for some bread to lighten all spicy food you eat ☺

Everything came up to be 2304 Rs and 10% added tip with is not included in the bill. Our guide told us you give from 5-10% if you were happy with the service and food.
ashleynpearson ashleynp…
Good ambience and even better food! Apr 24, 2008
I am normally all about eating street food from local vendors (when my stomach permits) but the United Coffee House was highly recommended to me so I had to try it. From the outside it looks like nothing special, you could actually almost miss it. When we were there, there was a man standing out front who gave us a wait time and would not allow anyone to enter. I figured if there is a wait, it must be good. When we finally were sat inside, it was such a nice relief from the busy streets of Delhi. The decor looked very posh and it made you feel like you were in some really fancy restaurant, without the hefty prices. The menu had a wide variety of foods to choose from and they had an extensive drink menu to follow. The menu said that alcohol would not be served to people aged 25 and under, but we were able to order a beer without a problem. I ordered the lamb rogan josh and roti which was delicious. Mains were around 300 to 500 Rs and beer was 125 Rs. Apparently the United Coffee House is a favorite among locals and tourists alike.

Related Travel Blogs About United Coffee House

Last day in Delhi
Today is our last day in India, as tomorrow we are flying back to Spain at 10.15am. From Agra to Delhi there are around 200kms but it can take you more than 4 ½ hours. Hopefully we can get in time t…United Coffee House in New Delhi • Going back from Connaught Place to Star Grand Villa Hotel in an Auto Ricksaw…

Check New Delhi Hotel Deals