Ungarische Krone

A-2460 Bruckneudorf

Ungarische Krone Reviews

Chokk Chokk
The first evening of my round trip Aug 15, 2010
I stayed at the Ungarische Krone hotel and it was the first evening of my holiday and I had decided to stay in Austria. I decided to eat at the restaurant of the hotel because it had been a long drive and I was looking for convenience.

They had both and indoor restaurant and outdoor service; given the nice and warm weather I decided to stay outside where I found a corner of a large table. Looking at the menu I could see that it was time for heavy Austrian country food which I usually don’t mind. I decided to start with a Kürbiscremesuppe that tasted okay but was a little bit greasy.

As a main course I went for the wild boar which I love. The dish was called Filet von Wildschweinrücken mit Eierschwammerl, kroketten und Preiselbeeren. The meat was great but the rest of the dish was a bit disappointing. It was not my best meal but I enjoyed that it was my first meal on my Balkan trip.
A cold beer
The menu
The menu
The outdoor area
trippinginnederland tripping…
Affordable Hungarian Meal in Austria. Mar 31, 2010
Located far away from the city, lays this nice cosy house which is actually a hotel. There is this warmth feeling when you enter the place and you will see the restaurant located on the left. The dining area looked more like a homely sort with a long bench to sit with a group of friends.

You could order the Austrian Schnitzel which I highly recommend. It was such a big schnitzel (never seen this big before) and it was delicious. It came along with a plate full of salad! Before the main course was served, you could actually hear the cook banging away (probably flattening the piece of meat for the schnitzel). Everyone tried the garlic soup and they loved it (especially my schatje) but sadly not for me - I found it salty.

The others had really nice dishes, will post the photos. The hot drinks are affordable and the service is good. This place maybe be a drive away from the city but if you ever by chance or luck to find it, you will not be disappointed about this. It is not only cosy but also quiet thus you're able to dine peacefully.

And yes, they do serve beer. :D
The Garlic Soup.
Salad that came with the Austrian …
Austrian Schnitzel. Worth every pe…
Hungarian Goulash.
Chokk says:
I stayed there and had dinner there too; just 10 days ago. I will post my review soon too. I am all in line with you:)
Posted on: Aug 26, 2010