Undersea Tobago Scuba Dive Center

Undersea Tobago Scuba Dive Center Crown Point Reviews

itravel1 itravel1
Scuba in Tobago Feb 19, 2016
~February 2016

I found Undersea Tobago located on the private beach of Coco Reef Resort where I was staying. I was greeted by Claudia and Derek, the latter being the owner. After some brief discussion we agreed on my taking a refresher course and a dive at a more beginner site seeing as I chickened out on my last dive attempt 2 years prior(night dive). This was exactly what I wanted, although having an advanced certificate, I just wanted to ease back into the water.

Having walked the small town the previous day I showed up for my 12.30 dive a bit early, 1.5 hours early. Hoping to do some theory review I asked the women managing the dive shop if she had any literature I might read to bone up. Perfect, a PADI refresher guide. I was told to enjoy the shade in the hotel loungers on the beach while I waited(no longer a guest of the resort).

As many people who have visited the Caribbean know, time is only a guideline, estimate, in the ball park assumption, 'Island Time' the term more aptly used. If you keep that in mind, when things start 45-60 min later than expected, you'll be rolling with the flow.

I started out meeting our friendly dive instructors, Ellis and Kelly, both locals, nice to keep them working. I explained my concerns and was told, 'no problem'. After getting weighted properly and some skills reviews by the beach we were off to the dive site.

The boat and all dive gear were in good condition. With myself, Ellis and Kelly there were two new divers in our group as well. A great ratio by my count. 40 minutes underwater and all are safe, happy, and content. The staff did a great job with the new divers while still keeping a watchful eye on me.

The experience cost 85.00 US which could seem high to some people but diving is not a cheap experience in Tobago. This included skills review, dive, and all necessary equipment.

I will be visiting Tobago a few more times over the next year and look forward to diving with them again.

Pictures posted are from net but a true representation of what I experienced.
Dive shop On Coco Reef Resort beach