Underground River Palawan

Sabang, Philippines

Underground River Palawan Sabang Reviews

pompa13 pompa13
A must visit Sep 11, 2015
My friend and I availed our "Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park AKA Underground River of Palawan" tour from "Northern Hope Tours" The good thing about getting this tour to an agency is that everything is arranged from van transfers to getting an entry permit to the Underground river, all you have to do is sit and listen to the tour guide as he/she tells (facts) about Palawan during the travel going to the river.

For safety, each are given a hard hat and life vest before going inside the cave. It is cold, very dark and a little wet inside. Each boat has only one spotlight lamps to view the differently unique looking stalagmites and stalactites formation, bats and cave markings. Lightning was not sufficient tho for taking pictures.

To go inside the cave is an enchanting experience, I like it how our tour guide did a great job explaining everything about the cave. His mind is so imaginative, turning stalagmites/stalactites to different things. All his jokes are funny too.

Date of visit: August 31, 2015
efren1989 efren1989
Proudly P-I-N-O-Y Jun 22, 2012
I can still remember back in November 2011 it was chosen as one of the provisionally in the New Seven Wonders of Nature.Most of the tv channels in the Philippines promoted the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park(Underground River),flyers(leaflet) around the country,internet voting and texting are the hobbies of Filipinos everyday of course we want to win. I visited the place back in May 2011,that was my first visit,were twelve that time including my cousins,siblings and my relatives.Before it's really easy to get a permit,like if you’re planning to have a tour tomorrow you can easily get a permit or a ticket one day ahead before your tour w/out any authorization or any hassle,hassle free should I say.I'm the one who processed our permit,I just simply went to Underground River office located at No. 350 Rizal Avenue, Bgy. Bancao-bancao Puerto Princesa City present all the ID's,choose a date & time,paid 175 pesos each for the permit and that's it,we are ready for the tour.My first visit is really ok,not that excited.We rent a private van for 3000 pesos (71 usd) going to Sabang community,where the boat going to Underground River located at,that's 2-3 hours travel,but sometime it would take 3-5 hours if you'll gonna ride a jeepney.At Sabang I paid 1400 pesos (33-34 usd) for our boat and that's for twelve person.Travel again by boat for half an hour going to Underground River,and walked 15-20 minutes going to the MAIN departure area(i'm really tired).

Inside the cave,I'm not impressed though there’s a lot of amazing rock formations, stalactites(hangs from the ceiling of the cave) and stalagmites(rises from the floor of the cave) dont even care to listen about the history of the cave,poor Efren.I really dont know why the feeling is like that,maybe I'm really tired that time.

I think January 2012 they announced the result,long wait is over and I'm really happy because Underground River is one of the winners.

New Seven Wonders of Nature:

1.)Amazon Rainforest(SA)

2.)Halong Bay (Vietnam)

3.)Iguazu Falls (Argentina, Brazil)

4.)Jeju Island (South Korea)

5.)Komodo National Park (Indonesia)

6.)Puerto Princesa Underground River (Philippines)

7.)Table Mountain (South Africa)

The day I found out that it was one the winners,I was really excited to visit the place again.You know the feeling that you are PROUD for this achievement,proud to be a Filipino.

Ok I will visit the place again.I thought it's easy to get a permit again like what I did last year,but I'm wrong because you need to book two to three months in advance if you want to see the wonders of nature,cos after winning it's always FULLYBOOKED.And it's not allowed w/out authorazation from the person that will visit the place.What I did is text my cousin send authorazation and money for the permit.I ddn't get any travel agencies because I knew they will charge me a lot.

June 22,2012 trip to Underground River,I rode a jeepney going to Sabang paid 230 pesos(549 usd) and 130 pesos for boat transfer.I was shocked when I saw the place,lots of changes.Before it was not organized,I mean there's no signboard or anything like informations about the Underground River,but now they put different signboards that you can read while waiting for your departure going inside the cave.

DSLR is ready,I will take this oppurtunity to take picture,enjoy the view and listen about the history of the cave.When we entered the cave I saw tourist smiling after their tour and some of them are shouting that it’s AMAZING and they want to go back again,at the back of my mind I'm happy and very proud in my country.Seeing again this wonders of nature is a good experienced for me,amazing rock formation,stalactites,stalagmites,breath taking.Why I ddn't realized that it's beatiful during my first visit?.Our tour guide said that there are more river channels,marine creature,bats,birds and more inside the cave.Tour lasted one hour and a half,after the tour buffet lunch at Sabang long beach.I dont know where to end this review,the only thing that I can say is I'M PROUDLY P-I-N-O-Y.

Notes:If you need help for your tour,let me know.
Caliber-A says:
this was last year right? so how's your current trip to palawan? didn't see any pic yet?
Posted on: Jan 26, 2013
efren1989 says:
Hahahaha:)Why?
Posted on: Oct 08, 2012
amazed says:
Efren thanks for the smiles... I couldnt find a place on your profile to smile or comment so I landed here
Posted on: Oct 08, 2012