Uncle Tan Wildlife Adventures

Check Sandakan Hotel Deals

Uncle Tan Wildlife Adventures Sandakan Reviews

Thomanji Thomanji
Relaxing Place that is not Expensive Feb 01, 2010
I arrived there with the night bus and some local guy in the Kota Kinabalu Bus Station told me to check it out. The bus stopped at 1AM at some crossing in the middle of nowhere and told me that I had arrived. I walked 100 meter down the road towards the Orangutan Sanctuary and saw the sign for Uncle Tan. We had no reservation so we simply walked in and once guy was still awake. We did get a room for about 10 eoro a person and this included food. Wile checking in I noticed I forgot my Nikon SLR camera in the Bus and they even organized me a car and drive at 1:30am to go behind the bus. (I got it back) All in all these are real good and nice people and the place is a very nice and relaxing resort. The food is goof local food that is fresh and very tasty. The place is only 15 min walk from the Orangutan Sanctuary and Rain-forest Discovery Center and they even offer free transfer to these places. It is no 5 star place but a very nice budget place with nice people Ping Pong table, Dart, and if they feel like it some Guitar Music. There is free Internet access and all that you need.
A look at the resaurant