Uncle Pete's Pizza

688 N. Mill Road, Addison, IL, USA

Uncle Pete's Pizza Addison Reviews

jennjeff1 jennjeff1
Best Deep Dish Chicago Pizza in the Suburbs Oct 12, 2002
Uncle Pete's Pizza has been a local Chicago favorite for deep dish and stuffed pizza for the past 28 years, since 1980. I can remember as a kid growing up, our family's tradition was to always pick what you wanted for your birthday meal. My choice year after year was Uncle Pete's Pizza in Addison, IL. Uncle Pete's business has grown considerably over the years and the owner, Gary Sinagra, who learned the pizza trade from his "Uncle Pete," has expanded into the catering business.

My last visit to Uncle Pete's was on 12 October 2002 when I was in town for the 25th Chicago Marathon. I always wanted to run a marathon in my hometown city and since I missed the 2001 Chicago Marathon due to the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the Pentagon, I arranged to do my pre-race "carbo-loading" at Uncle Pete's for the 2002 race. Although the menu has expanded greatly over the years, all you need to know about great Chicago pizza is right here:

EACH 1/2 TOPPING______.35___________.50_________.75_______.80_______.90

EACH TOPPING_________.70__________1.00________1.50______1.60______1.80

EXTRA CHEESE________1.00__________1.50________1.75______2.00______2.50

EACH 1/2 TOPPING______.35___________.50_________.75_______.80_____1.00

EACH TOPPING_________.70__________1.00________1.50______1.60_____1.80

EXTRA CHEESE________1.00__________1.50________1.75______2.00_____2.25

I've always put Uncle Pete's Pizza right up there with the sacred top 5 of Chicago-style deep dish and stuffed pizzas: Gino's East, Lou Malnati's, Chicago Pizza Grinder & Bakery, and Giordano's. Uncle Pete's is by far the thickest pizza and crust of them all! Think about this: The crust is 4" high along the outside. In the middle, the crust is 2" thick and the toppings/cheese are also 2" thick (2"+2"=4")so the pizza looks like a flat block of cheese all the way across!

This is the good stuff from Chicago. Try it--you won't be able to eat more than 2 slices per person--trust me! I had this pizza for every birthday from age 10 to 21 and then for carbo-loading for the Chicago Marathon. I know Chicago pizza and I tell you that you can't go wrong with Uncle Pete's Pizza!
sylviandavid says: