Umino Cottage

Check Yakushima Hotel Deals

Umino Cottage Yakushima Reviews

yasuyo yasuyo
Excellent hospitality Sep 28, 2012
I've spent some hotels in the world.

I met a mostest nice one in Yakushima I never ever got that excellent hospitality quality so far.

Umino Cottage is running by a middle age couple. The location is nice however it opposite side of entrance island meaning ferry port or air port. If you choose an accommodation by the convenience might be not stay here.

I was looking for an accommodation in Yakushima by internet. The landscape is looks awesome at this cottage,we booked 3 nights there. Our travel date changed for this cottage because they were booked out. I called several times them and felt already nice person they are.

At first night,we did reservation for dinner. The owner cooking everytings alone,and the owner's wife set the table.The menu was amazing,they use local material a lot and style was like french course. She is bringing dishes very nice timing with very nice smile.

Next morning,it's rainy. We worried about umbrella get to restaurant even it's next to our cottage. We saw 3 umbrellas when we open door. Also putting the small wood drain boards for avoidding wet from a puddle.

At our cottage,there is a washing machine with landly soap and hangers for landly,string also. The two bathroom,one of them is inside and other one is out side. Out side bath is so nice,you can see the pacific from the bath tub.

At secound floors,there are 3 single beds,one bed and sofa are at under floor. TV,the air conditioning,a refrigerator,everythings are there like your house.

There is always something prepared we wanted.

And never felt their arrogant at all.

I think that they don't speak English much. But they will try to communication with you. You will feel their warm hearts. I high recommend you get this hospitality.
The restaurant part,at night
The sign of Umino Cottage
With the couple who are running th…
yasuyo says:
Yes, it is! I really loved thier hospitality,very impressed:)
Posted on: Nov 11, 2012
spocklogic says:
Sounds a real 'Mom & Pop' place, so to speak. Nice touch that the owners cook and serve the meals too - Bravo!
Posted on: Nov 11, 2012