Uma Guesthouse

Check Varanasi Hotel Deals

Uma Guesthouse Varanasi Reviews

Chloelf Chloelf
Family Run Guesthouse Aug 05, 2012
Uma Guesthouse is a family run guesthouse. It is also connected to a charity called Learn for Life. They donate a percentage of what you pay to this charity. I stayed there for 10 days in total and what a great 10 days it was.

I arrived and was given a nice room that opens up onto a balcony that is shared with the bedroom next to mine, but be careful not to leave the doors open to the balcony because the monkeys do hang out on the balcony sometimes and they will come into the room and trash the place.

When I arrived I was pretty sick and there was a old man living in a little room near across from mine, he turned out to be the owners dad. He was lovely and helped me get better with his different remedies that his father taught him years ago and it worked within a few days I was feeling great again. The bathroom was shared as well as the shower which was fine, every now and again the electricity would go but it happens everywhere around Varanasi.

They are really helpful, I met a lot of cool travelers when staying there. It is quite close to Meerghat one of the main ghats where you can see the ceremonies.

I can't remember exactly how much I paid a night but I can remember thinking this is cheap! The thing I liked most about this place was the people working there, the family! They were so nice and friendly and it was such a homely feeling I would definitely stay there again!
Uma Guesthouse me and Brigin