Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park

Uluru - Kata Tjuta, Australia

Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park Uluru - Kata Tjuta Reviews

linhuang0101 linhuang…
What a BEAUTY of natural Jul 20, 2014
It is SEASONAL when travel by Low Carrier Fare Airline.

I visited Alice Spring in May month. (Luckily, there weren't too many flies........but from Dec - Feb.....the amount of flies are NOT imaginable to experience)

2 nights Safari camping package is very popular for budget travelers. I enjoy every bit of it.

It is NOT just a "GIANT" rock, but many MORE to discover and to see from own eyes.

Later on, I found out there are many hiking trail for hikers-love......Oh my....endless.
babsi170687 babsi170…
Mulgas Tour Jul 19, 2011
The Mulgas Tour (www.mulgas.com.au) is a lot cheaper than the other tours going from Alice Springs to Uluru, the Olgas and another Canyon nearby. The tourguides are fantastic and share a lot of interesting information that you would not find in a guidebook. You sleep outside (without tents) and cook on a camping stove. Uluru is visited for sunset as well a sunrise and it is simply beuatiful!
Airportman Airportm…
Walking next and watch the sunset at Uluru (Ayers Rock) Aug 17, 2009
A visit to Uluru (aka Ayers Rock), in my mind Australia’s most famous icon, was part of our tour of the Outback in Australia. We had a pass that gave us access to the National Park, in which Uluru is laying. The price of the pass was 25 AUS dollars (around 18 euros or around 26 US dollars) and was valid for 3 days.

We had seen the big mountain from the sky earlier that day, as we were descending to land on the nearby airport. From above it looked pretty impressive, but on the ground and seeing it in the distance, it looked even more impressive.

Too bad that on this day, the weather was not so good. Grey skies and the threat of rain were a different picture than the nice & sunny weather we experienced during our tour of the East Coast. The first sop inside the National Park was at a visitor’s center. Here was an exhibition of the local aboriginal culture, displayed by photos and writing. Because it was quite small, we had quickly seen it. There was also a store there, selling aboriginal handcrafted souvenirs.

We got back on the bus and drove towards one of 2 walking paths we were going to take. The first one was called “Kuniya Walk“ and it took about 45 minutes. During the walk, the bus driver/tour guide explained us the significance of the place to the aboriginals, the surrounding nature and the paintings we saw on the rocks.

Rain had begun falling down during the walk unfortunately. I was hoping for the rain to go away, before we got close to Uluru. Then we drove to the second walking path called "Mala Walk", which took us so some caves which also had significant meaning to the aboriginals. Normally the walk is about 90 minutes, but due to the rain, we did a shorter, 40 minute version.

The last stop was near Uluru itself, but since the rain hadn’t stopped, there was no chance to take pictures of the colour change on the mountain when the sun is setting. But according to our driver, this was a very rare event. Because the water falling on the mountain, was going to find its way down and that created waterfalls along the mountain. So in the end an even more “spectacle” sight then with the sunset. Afterwards, we were supposed to have a barbeque near Uluru, but the rain was really coming down.

A few of the people who were on the bus decided to stay with the barbeque, because I guess that’s what they paid for. We decided to go back to the resort and eat dinner there.

This is a must see place in my opinion, because of the wonderful nature, the mountain itself and the ability to do walking in the area, even a walk around the mountain. Sunshine is better, but seeing the waterfalls was an added bonus!

(Note: pictures that show a * weren't been taken by me)
Uluru
Panoramic view of Uluru
* Emergency radio
Dingo
ClaireV1987 says:
I totally agree....I think that if I had the option to climb the rock now then I probably wouldn't do it...although it was still incredible to it from that angle!
Posted on: May 08, 2011
Airportman says:
When you get older, you look at things differently
Posted on: May 07, 2011
ClaireV1987 says:
I think I would appreciate it a bit more now I'm a few years older
Posted on: May 06, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park

11 Day tour of Northen Territory
Monday, December 17 Tour: JNT11R - 11 Day Rock n Top Reverse Quad 2007/2008 Brand: Connections Adventures Please meet your Tour Leader outside reception at Melaleuca On Mitchell, 50 Mitchell Stree…Uluru - Kata Tjuta National Park , home of mighty Uluru (Ayers Rock). We will break our journey…
Kata Tjuta – The Olgas - Day 8
This morning we head out to another sacred area for the Anungu and hike through the spectacular canyons and ancient rock formations of Kata Tjuta (The Olgas)The Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park is famo…Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park is famous internationally for its world's biggest rock monolith, the Uluru
Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park
There is something totally awe-inspiring about Uluru. There it sits in the centre of Australia. A huge monolith, 862.5 metres above sea level, 1395 km south of Darwin and 465 km south west of Alice S… There is something totally awe-inspiring about Uluru. There it sits in the centre of Australia. A huge monolith…

Check Uluru - Kata Tjuta Hotel Deals