Ulu Temburong resort

Brunei

Ulu Temburong resort Reviews

yasuyo yasuyo
Adventure in tropical rainforest Feb 02, 2016
The Ulu Ulu Temburong is located at Temburong direction which is depart of Brunei. Using the boat and through Malaysia boder line is only a way to get to there,source tropical rainforest. Also you can visit there only with a tour.

I booked a day trip tour at my hotel. The cost is 130BND per person. It was included pick up and return boat tickets and transfar at Temburong,light breakfast and lunch,tour guide and resister fee for the Ulu Temburong resort.Also visiting the Ivan people traditional house.

The tour avairable minimum two persons.

We took a speedboat which has 70km/h power 40 mintus. The passengers were about 20people,the boat run like a speedboat race but not get seasickness at all. During riding on a speedboat we have to through Malaysia border line at the ocern. Then again get into narrow river. Then we transfer by a car,20minuts ride on to get another long boat. Before take a long boat,we had local meal as light breakfast. The long boat has an engine. Sometimes the long boat going on shoaly of a river no worries,the guide knows well which way is the best not getting damage at bottom of the boat. Another 40minuts riding on a long boat,we are into deep forest.

The resister for the national park. the climb up the mountain. At that time the renew bridge was not finished an inspection by government this is why we had to climb up the slippers mountain. After 10minuts there is the starting line for 1,000 stairs. Actuarly the stairs are 600stairs but the last part of treacking is canopy walk at 65m high. So about 400 stairs are there. There are some places for rest,you can sit down and just take a breath. On the way,you can enjoy unique plants everywhere.

The Canopy Walk made by iron pipe. It un available to stay more that 2 people on the flat space. The iron tower has 42 merter high then the other side is built high place the the top is 65meter high. Canopy Walk set up between the iron tower.

The highest place is so fresh. You'll be in the top of forest. Any high trees are under you round 360°. This is awesome scaene,worth to walk and climb until there.

Whole treacking is about less 2hours I think.

The local people said,it's expensive because only you can get to there with tour. I think it have value with this price because the way to go to there itself is adventure. I met some tourist was just stayed at center of Brunei. It's nice but Ulu Ulu Temburong is the place must to visit when you visited Brunei. I regret not stayed Ulu Ulu Temburang this time. I'll make for 2 or 3 days staying there next time.
Canopy Walk at the top of forest!
on the long boat
The 600 stairs
For the breakfast
yasuyo says:
Posted on: Feb 16, 2016
Paulovic says:
Congrats on your featured review!
Posted on: Feb 15, 2016
trippin_jen says:
I see a familiar name on the main page! Congrats Yasuyo!
Posted on: Feb 15, 2016