Ultimate Party Pub Crawl

Amsterdam, Netherlands
Ultimate Party Pub Crawl - I forget her name, but she and her husband were here from Australia
Ultimate Party Pub Crawl - Two Australian Girls Traveling Through Europe
Ultimate Party Pub Crawl - Dustin, some awesome Canadian guy

Ultimate Party Pub Crawl Amsterdam Reviews

rupernino rupernino
avoid pub crawl Sep 06, 2012
Pub crawls are a fun way to meet poeple and get drunk. When i did this pub crawl it was different becuase no one was really breaking up from their groups and it stayed like that most of the night(from what i remember). Maybe its becuease everyone was stoned as well but my tour was filled with anti social peoploe it seemed. It really depends on your group, but its usually kinda of a weak way to meet people. And im talking about the one thats at all the visitor guides kiosks. Maybe better luck finding a pub crawl through a hostel.
talexand talexand
Unapologietic Tourist Event...Definitely Worth Checking Out Jun 13, 2009
So when I told my buddy that I was going to Amsterdam, he said that last year (when he went on a 6 week Eurotrip), he stayed in Amsterdam 2 days longer than he originally intended, simply because of how much fun he had on the pub crawl. To me, that's a hell of a review.

I went to the Leidesplein meet up location called "The News Cafe", which is a typical, bare bone, nothing special bar/club. As soon as I arrived, I started to understand just how big this thing is. Close to 200 people lined up and paid their 20 EUR to participate in the pub crawl. Dozens of people in their early 20's suddenly flood the room and start flirting with each other. It's actually quite commical.

The staff of the pub crawl are all wearing black or red pub crawl shirts, and are tasked with the job of herding drunk college students and backpackers to 6 different bars. It seems like an awesome job, but when you talk to some of them, they're really only doing it to make a bit of cash so they can continue their own travels. In fact, staff members actually plainly said they hate their job. I suppose that if I had to go out and get a few hundred people drunk every night, I would get a bit sick of it too.

At every bar, you're given a token good for one free beer or a glass of wine. The staff will be walking around, constantly pouring fruit punch flavored shots into attendees mouths. They're not stingy with the alcohol.

The night gets drunker and drunker, and the people start hooking up. Apparently, this event is advertised heavily at hostels, and I didn't stay at one, so I may not have gotten the full effect. I heard lots of stories of people leaving the crawl to go hook up in their hostel beds, in plain sight of all their roommates. I was staying in my own hotel room, and I think I'm thankful for that.

I did the pub crawl two nights in a row, and I don't know that I'd go again. Maybe when I go there in September for my buddy's bachelor party or something, one of those nights we could do that. But I'm 26, and I was definitely feeling a bit old to do this stuff, and loud drunken night clubs are just not my setting. I'm more of an Irish pub, conversation about culture kinda guy. But, for the crowd looking to meet random strangers for random conversations and are intrigued by the idea of a traveling frat party, this experience cannot be missed.

The pictures that are attached are from my second night. I met a bunch of Australians, a few Canadians, and a guy from Florida.
I forget her name, but she and her…
Two Australian Girls Traveling Thr…
I forget where this guy is from
melissak melissak
Nov 23, 2007
We were told about this pub crawl by a couple girls in London, they wrote out directions for us and gave us all the info and said it was amazing. Well, the directions were wrong and it took over an hour to find it...but it was fate that we randomly found it. Its located NOT near the Van Gogh Museum, but in Leidseplain at the News Cafe I believe. It starts at about 8 and costs something like 20 euros. You get a shot between every bar and a beer at every bar.

Now I'm a big fan of pub crawls as a great way to spend your first night in a city, you meet tons of travellers just like you and almost always have a great time. This one did not disappoint. We went to several different pubs and clubs and had a great time. I don't remember what bars we went to or where they were or where it ended, but thats the beauty of a pub crawl, they take you to all the good spots.

Also, it didn't hurt that the guys that run this pub crawl were GORGEOUS.
magera says:
i went on this and had a great night
Posted on: Feb 03, 2009
indieye619 says:
Hey, My name is Steven, Im the manager of the pub crawl (the guy that does the speech in the beginning). Thanks for the great review. We hope to see you here again.

Pub Crawl begins at 8:30. We start at the News Cafe on Leidseplein(4 doors down from Burger King). Free shots between 8:30 and 9. 20 euros in the summer 15 in the winter :) check out joinultimateparty.com for all the details
Posted on: Jan 06, 2009
Ape says:
Regular visited bars with the Pub Crawl:
Leidseplein: The News, Amsterdamned, Pirates, Royalty
Rembrandtplein: Club Smokey, The Fizz
Posted on: Oct 01, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Ultimate Party Pub Crawl

The Ultimate Party in Amsterdam!
Today it was our turn to get up early after a night of heavy drinking to catch a train. We woke up pretty early, said good bye to Billy and Melissap, and Melissak and I headed to the train station to…Ultimate Party Pub Crawl which happenes in Amsterdam and they wrote down directions for us. We asked April and Bailey…
The Ultimate Party Pub Crawl..thats what its actually called
We left Berlin in the morning and said goodbye to Billy and Melissa, which sucked. But we were so excited to go to Amsterdam! But the train we were taking was apparently really slow..there were a ton… We left Berlin in the morning and said goodbye to Billy and Melissa, which sucked. But we were so excited…

Check Amsterdam Hotel Deals