Ulpotha Village

Embogama, Embogama, Sri Lanka
www.ulpotha.com - +44 (0)208 123 3603

Compare Yapahuwa Hotel Rates (1.9km away)

Ulpotha Village Embogama Reviews

PrueD PrueD
Serenity now! Mar 19, 2011
Ulpotha was just what I needed in order to unwind after six continuous years of working 50+ hours a week! There is plenty of 1/4 or 1/2 day trips that the centre organises if you really want to do something however I would suggest taking advantage of the no mobile/cell phone and no internet and just doing a whole lot of nothing!

-Serenity, positivity, calm, relaxation.

-Fantastic healthy and food, I ate like a pig but I still lost weight!

-Impossible to contact.

-Private rooms/mud houses (I thought about getting my own however you spend too little time in there that I'd strongly suggest sharing).

-They are organised for "newbies" and so you don't have to have ten years of yoga experience to go there...some people in my group had none, whilst others had 20 years +.

-I went travelling across Sri Lanka and realised how expensive they are....they might seem reasonable value for money in terms of western prices but after a month in the country I felt ripped off (although I didn't feel that way at the end of my week with them).

- Ayurvedic treatment was too much for me every day. I would suggest just doing it for half the time you're there unless you're a total yogi.

-Unless you're hard core into yoga and meditation, one week is PLENTY. Discover the country : ), and take the public train!!! ; )
Shower after ayurvedic treatment, …

Compare Yapahuwa Hotel Rates (1.9km away)

Embogama Map