Ulitsa Arbat

ulitsa arbat, Moscow, Russia

Ulitsa Arbat Moscow Reviews

Victor Tsoi Wall Feb 12, 2017
The Tsoi Wall (Russian: Stena Coya) is a graffiti-covered wall in Old Arbat street. It is dedicated to musician Viktor Tsoi and his band Kino. I spend time with my friends that are very involved in Russian culture and I learn many interesting things about its modern music.

I think that music is best way to learn about some culture and to connect to it. I like Victor Tsoi music and it help me to learn Russian language.

Address: metro: Arbatskaya, Smolenskaya

Directions: The wall is located at the house №37, at the intersection of Arbat Street and Krivoarbatsky Lane.
Victor Tsoi Wall
Stary Arbat - feel the amosphere of city Feb 03, 2017
Old Arbat (Russian: Stary Arbat) is famous old street in Moscow and in Russia in general. Arbat is Arabic word means suburb. It is about 20 minutes away from Kremlin.

Today, this long pedestrian street with many cafe bars, shops and street artists is, in my opinion, best place in the City to feel the authentic atmosphere. At least, it is hard to be boring here. I am enjoying to see creative side of modern metropolis.

To resume - this street has all - it is one of main landmarks of points of interest in city, it is historic walking areas and unique flea or street markets elements.

Its cobblestone pats give us, visitors, very nice feeling of authentic historic trips. It remind me on Skadarlija street in Belgrade (and I sure that many other country has his similar Bohemian street). And it would be interesting for me to discover this "kind" of street in every country that I visit.

Stary Arbat street
Princess Turandot Fountain Feb 12, 2017
I like fountain and sculpture and try to learn more of it.

This is what I found out about this golden-like sculpture and fountain:

It named Princess Turandot Fountain.

Princess Turandot Fountain is build next to the Vakhtangov Theater on Stary Arbat. It was built in 1997 to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the staging this theater. Author is sculptor Alexander Burganov. Princess Turandot is the title character of play by Carlo Gozzi. This play is most celebrated production of this theater

Princess Turandot Fountain
Johnpro Johnpro
Nice walking street ! Apr 14, 2012
Here of course is my opinion :)

I read Lisa's review and she is some disappointed :)

I know this street as stari Arbat but looks like to be the same street .

If you try to found some shopping I don't thing so is the better street at Moscow but is a great street with a lot of paintings , small stands , restaurants and of course many peoples walking up and down :)

I had really great photo shots from the peoples there and I am enthusiastic for this reason .

You can found also many goodies for shopping and many good restaurants .

Personally I recommended highly if you love photography and specially to capture human faces :)

For any other reason just visit it because is a nice walking point :)

Here also a helpful link about the street .

Thank you all the peoples to be in my photos !

Thanks to read my review !
Liselore_Verschuren Liselore…
Boring and uninviting Aug 07, 2007
Ulitsa Arbat is the modern shopping area of Moscow. Personally, I always enjoy having a peak at shops in popular shopping streets in major cities. It interests me to see what local people enjoy to buy in clothing, household items, food and knickknacks. Ulitsa Arbat is a very broad, pedestrian only street, with uninviting shops on either side and souvenir stalls that all sell exactly the same in the centre.

There is no atmosphere what so ever, probably because again nobody is enjoying themselves there. There is not a single smile or faint idea of happiness anywhere. The only interesting things to see between the grey and gloomy architecture are the high building of Foreign Affairs and the front of a casino that is shaped like a large steam boat.
A casino shaped like a large steam…
Ulitsa Arbat (Moscow, Russia)
Ulitsa Arbat with the high buildin…
Ulitsa Arbat with the high buildin…

Related Travel Blogs About Ulitsa Arbat

Metro misery
We start our morning at the metro station nearby our hotel, determined what keeps going wrong when we count the number of stations we have to pass before we exit at the station we need to be at. But …Ulitsa Arbat, the modern shopping area of Moscow. I don’t know why exactly, but I always enjoy strolling…

Check Moscow Hotel Deals