Ukele Movement, Singapore

38 Dunlop Street, Little India, Singapore
www.ukulelemovement.com - Tel: 6297 9683.
Ukele Movement, Singapore - The exterior of Ukelele Movement on Dunlop Street
Ukele Movement, Singapore - Left to right : Ukeleles in Kiwi fruit and Pineapple designs and Rasta Colors
Ukele Movement, Singapore - Row upon row of ukeleles..
Ukele Movement, Singapore - Their logo!!

Ukele Movement, Singapore Little India Reviews

nanie05 nanie05
Amazing Ukelele shop - its a little gem in Singapore's Little India!! Apr 08, 2011
While in Singapore last week I stumbled upon The Ukelele Movement, a shop selling Ukeleles and anything related to it - books on chords, Ukelele straps, felt picks etc.

Its a tiny shop packed with ukeleles in all designs and colours..think Bob Marley, kiwi fruit, pineapples, banjo designs etc. They also conduct Ukelele lessons in-house for anyone interested.

The Ukelele prices range from the inexpensive SGD 69 (the cheapest and which was all i could afford for my guitar playing kids!) to much more expensive ones.

The shop is blessed with having absolutely friendly and accommodating staff - Ameera, Winona and Alan played songs ranging from The Beatles and Gloria Gaynor to Fools Garden hits which we sang to, while waiting for the rain outside to stop!

In my personal opinion, while Singapore is sometimes known for lacking in 'culture'and being 'obsessed with all things new and clean', this tiny shop and their staff dispelled that myth for me.

Located just across from the Abdul Gafoor Mosque and in the bustling Little India area, Ukele Movement seriously is a gem!

And I'm happy to mention that my kids are loving their 'powder white' Makala dolphin ukelele!
The exterior of Ukelele Movement o…
Their logo!!
Left to right : Ukeleles in Kiwi f…
Row upon row of ukeleles..
harleyd says:
i was just in there yesterday and the staff are extremely nice and helpful! (not pretentious like guitar shop staff can sometimes be!) they also have a second location off of kampong bugis, close to lavender mrt
Posted on: Jan 16, 2012
nanie05 says:
Do you really have that many? Thats amazing! Maybe you should start some serious playing? LOL!!
Its the 1st ukelele in the family, and we're hoping to start collecting a few - the kids seem to love it! It looks like its much easier to play than the guitar but i wouldnt really know because Im absolutely awful on musical instruments!
Don't you think the sound it produces sounds much happier and lighter than the guitar? (well definitely happier than the cello..LOL!)
Posted on: Jan 22, 2011
cneoridium says:
That's really cool! I love ukuleles - I probably have 10 of them, all stacked on a shelf in my kitchen... but I've never been able to learn how to play them, just very simple tunes. I guess I just like how they look, and I find them really cheap now and then for sale in people's yards or swap meets. You found a really cool place!
Posted on: Jan 22, 2011

Compare Lavender Hotel Rates (1.5km away)

Ukele Movement, Singapore Map