Uhlhorn’s Gasthof

Check Asendorf Hotel Deals

Uhlhorn’s Gasthof Asendorf Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Like Easter Apr 27, 2010
Especially when I drive on German Autobahn and I need a stay for the night, I like to drive to the country side and find small unknown hotel where I can have a descent stay and a meal for a fair price.

Usually if you stay close to the main roads you end up in a pricy place that does not satisfy you that much, but when that is said Germany is not the worst place for spending nights; there are far more expensive places.

I was for once not in hurry I had left late from home in Copenhagen and 5 – 6 hours later I found myself driving on the country side near Bremen looking for a small hotel or a Gasthaus for a place to stay the night.

Normally I have never had any problems getting a room these places but this time all the small hotels were full. My guess was that I went in to 10 different places before I found the Gasthof in Asendorf that could host me for a night. I could not find any other reason for that; other than I started to look too late.

The last place I had been before I found my room was in a large country hotel which also was full but the hostess there had immediately picked up the phone and called the Gasthof to hear if they had a room and luckily they did.

I would never have tried the Uhlhorn’s Gasthof otherwise, because all the light was out when I arrived. I parked outside still not convinced that I was at the right place.

I entered the door and followed the weak light; inside there was only one guy sitting in the light of the TV watching billiard on an evening of the semi-finals of champion’s league where Bayern Munich was one of the parties. He was a friendly man and in my German I told him that I was happy to find a place where I actually could sleep. He showed me the room and I asked if I at least could have a beer and that was no problem. He asked me when I wanted breakfast and I said 8am would be great.

The room was in yellow; wall, curtains everything. I felt like it was Easter. The bed was good and the room was large. I watched some TV and called it a night quite early.

Next morning I went down at 8 am, ordning muss sein as they say in German and I had told him 8 am the evening before. I was apparently the only guest and they had made a place for me in the shadow and yet in the morning sun. The weather was fantastic; it felt and looked like summer.

The price for the night inclusive breakfast was 30 euro which I found cheap.
My Easter room