Ugyen Phendeyling Resort

Check Paro Hotel Deals

Ugyen Phendeyling Resort Paro Reviews

patrick80 patrick80
Oct 21, 2014
Great place to stay. Lots of open space, spacious and clean rooms and a good restaurant.
Simple, laid back... with a few problems Jul 06, 2011
I want to be fair and honest in this review, which makes it more difficult...because (overall) I really liked my visit there.

The resort is charming and the service is very attentive, laid back and friendly. So laid back that they apparently forgot to clean my room or remove my room service dishes - even though I was the only guest.

The restaurant food was tasty, and again, service was wonderful.

The location is a plus AND a minus. Nestled into a hillside, it was quiet and peaceful. You can actually see Tiger's Nest from the grounds! But the road to get there was almost impassable, and too muddy for walking. Once you are there, you are stuck at the resort.

There are also no fans in the rooms, which means opening the windows to get any sort of breeze - allowing dozens of flies in, as well. At night, those flies will frustrate your every attempt at sleep, with their dive-bombing your face and buzzing by your ears. In the morning, I awoke with dozens of bites over any exposed portion of my body. Flies? Something else?

The bath water was an interesting shade of light brown. One look, and I definitely knew I would not be brushing my teeth with it.

So that's why this review was difficult, as I DID enjoy my stay at this place, and would recommend it. It is beautiful, friendly, and relaxing. Yet I do want to be honest and prepare those who stay there that they might have a few inconveniences.

But give them a chance. Maybe they'll fix the minor problems and make it perfect place for your trip to Paro.
The rooms are large and beds comfo…
Just above the prayer flags, you c…
The main buildings of Ugyen Phende…

Check Paro Hotel Deals