Ueno Zoo

9-83, Ueno, Japan

Ueno Zoo Reviews

anewchapter anewchap…
Cool variety of Animals Aug 14, 2014
I wanted to go to Ueno Zoo for one reason-Pandas!! Who doesn't love pandas? If you don't then shame on you ;)

It was one of the first places I went to upon arriving in Japan. After a 12 hour flight I dropped my bags off at the hotel in Ginza and went straight to Ueno. I had no sleep on the plane and I arrived in 36 degree heat with 80% humidity. I'm from the UK so that type of heat is unimaginable!

I first went to the circle of museums around Ueno and then to Ueno Zoo but after a few minutes at the zoo I knew I had to leave. The heat and humidity were kicking my a**, I needed to lie down and chill. I had already planned out my itinerary for the trip so I knew that I wasn't going to be able to come back to the zoo again. So I quickly made my way around to see the Pandas, Tiger, Polar Bear and Elephants and then left. From what I saw the animals were well looked after and the enclosures were clean. I unfortunately didn't get to see most of the animals but if I had stayed then I probably would have had heat stroke and died, which would have made a really cool review and would probably have gotten featured but I don't know who would of wrote it.
PANDA! Ueno Zoo, Japan
Clock at Ueno Zoo, Japan
Statue at Ueno Zoo, Japan
Ueno Zoo, Japan
trippin_jen says:
Private jet. :p
anewchapter says:
Do they travel in Business class?
trippin_jen says:
They travel internationally too. A few are here in Malaysia. I hope they survive the heat
Isuzu Isuzu
Very nice zoo Apr 12, 2012
I visited this zoo in 2009 and loved it. I liked the fact that you could just wonder around the park for a few hours and see all these awesome animals. They have over 400 different species of animals at the zoo.

I was really impressed by the hippos, elephants and the penguins. The hippos impressed me because I had never seen them and never really realized, how huge they are. They also had these regular feeding times for the animals, so you could go watch the staff feed some of the animals. I really enjoyed watching the feeding of the penguins. They where just wobbling and swimming around trying to catch the fish.

I think that the zoo is totally worth the 600¥ admission, but then again I love zoos!
Entrance to Ueno Zoo
Airportman Airportm…
Cheap zoo & park Sep 27, 2008
Ueno zoo is a relatively small zoo, located in the south-east corner of Ueno Park. The zoo is a great gateaway from the busy streets and sounds of Tokyo.

The zoo offers a great deal of animals from all over the world, housed in animal friendly environments. Some cages are used because of potential danger to the public, but all in all this zoo is very viewer friendly.

Some of the animals in the zoo are lions, elephants, bears, all kinds of birds, monkeys and various reptiles.

I found the route of the zoo really good, allowing you to see all the animals, without walking the same route multiple times.
Polar Beer
Airportman says:
Posted on: Nov 05, 2010
Africancrab says:
Nice list
Posted on: Nov 04, 2010
anunvilya anunvilya
Japanese zoo's are quite small. Aug 15, 2007
The ueno zoo is nice if you want to relax a few hours and have a nice time watching animals. I liked this zoo since they had quite a lot animals. I did not liked it that the animals had so little space for their own.

I find this zoo really cheap! It is worth the visit.
dieforu says:
i thought about it:-)
Posted on: Jul 22, 2010
anunvilya says:
Thats true yes, really small rooms and apartments
Posted on: Jul 21, 2010
dieforu says:
well as i know even people in Japan dont have lot space and the houses are small and so on.Is it true?
Posted on: Jul 21, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Ueno Zoo

Ueno Zoo
On Saturday when Jana and I left Ami for Tokyo it was beautiful day. We took the train to Ueno where we ate at the Hard Rock Café. The food there was once again awesome as was most of the music. We …Ueno Zoo.   As we walked to the Ueno Zoo we heard thunder but figured it might pass…
Day 4: Visiting Ueno Zoo
So off to Ueno Ward we went, visiting Ueno Zoo and Ueno Park. We took the train for a few stops and then got off at Ueno Station.  Ueno Zoo is part of Ueno Park, making it more of walking …Ueno Zoo and Ueno Park. We took the train for a few stops and then got off at Ueno
Day 2 - Ueno Park, Harajuku, and Akihabara
First thing we did was go straight to the 99Yen store for breakfast!  You can't beat 3 kolaches for 99Yen!  Then we went to Ueno Park.  It was already packed with locals and tourists s… zoo is the first and oldest zoo in Japan.  I can't really think of anything that makes this zoo any different from Houston zoo, probably the penguins…

Check Ueno Hotel Deals