Udai Vilas Palace

Udai Vilas Palace Rates and Deals

Udai Vilas Palace Mandawa Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Lost in Mandawa Oct 28, 2015
We were part of a tour group travelling through Rajasthan. We stopped for a night in Mandawa after walking through the town famous for the Haveli Houses (intricately designed walls on the houses).

On the surface, the place looks clean with white walls on the hotel buildings with dark brown doors. We were given our room key and we decided to clean up before dinner.

The room is really basic and the toilet is super basic.

Here is what I do not like about this hotel:

1. The floors felt dusty so I was walking around in my slippers all the time. No hotel room slipper was provided. Damn!

2. The complimentary toiletries were super basic and very old looking that I didnt dare use them except for the bar soap which I used out of desperation to wash my feet and hands while waiting for my luggage to be sent to my room. It was green bar soap, i think its an Indian soap cause after using it i felt like i smell like an Indian! Terrible.

3. The bed was old and had stained on the sides of the mattress (I dont even dare see whats on the top surface)

4. Bedsheets were super old. There are no mattress protector and there is no fitted sheet only 1 thin flatsheet. The fibres of the fabrics are coming off. I have never seen bedsheets this old in a hotel before.

5. Pillow covers had stains.

6. My husband discovered centipedes in our bathroom in the morning. It must have come from the hole on the floor. Luckily it was him and not me for I would scream at the top of my lungs at 6.30 in the morning.

7. This hotel is in the middle of nowhere so its not possible to go anywhere for walk or shop.

8. There is a pool which I did not bother tried but those part of my group tried and they find the water not clean.

9. The airconditioner in the room was not quite working, we had turned on both the air-conditioner and fan when we sleep but yet I was awaken at night since the room felt so warm.

TV channels only showed local programme. Dinner and breakfast at the hotel's only eating area was okay. There was a Man and a boy performing some Indian folk sound for tips.

The hotel has a Spa in the shape of a little hut which looks like a guard room. However there was only 2 workers - a husband and wife team. We had earlier booked it and they had said ok, we can come at 9pm. However when we came they said we must do it after a friend of mine who had also booked it, finish her treatment.

I dont know how much we paid for our room but the hotel reception displayed a price of USD60 per night which is not much but when converted to INR thats a lot of money.

I would not return here ever.
Ils1976 says:
I missed out on the feature but congrats nevertheless! :)
Posted on: Nov 05, 2015
Paulovic says:
Eventhough it was bad, congrats with the review being featured!
Posted on: Nov 03, 2015
Zagnut66 says:
Congrats on being featured! And thanks for the warning about this place.
Posted on: Nov 02, 2015

Udai Vilas Palace Overview

The Udai Vilas Palace facilities include a fitness centre and a swimming pool. Agra Air Force Station Airport (AGR) is a 90 minutes drive from the Udai Vilas Palace.

Udai Vilas Palace Amenities