Ubud Village, Bali

Bali, Indonesia

Ubud Village, Bali Reviews

cicie cicie
A journey of the heart, spirit and mind May 13, 2014
Bali…. Just the name conjures up visions of beautiful mood. Ahhhh, to break away from the fast, city life of Jakarta and go to a sunny tropical island where the sun always shines! This is more than just an idyllic fantasy, this is a dream unfolding..

Enjoying the atmosphere of Ubud village, near my hotel was fantastic. We were greeted with smiles; we watched local activities and we were inspired. Ubud is a peaceful village where art, nature and culture blend and made my trip unique and memorable. Always, as a traveler, I want to see the locals carry on with their daily life. Just as with my friends and family, I wish I can be a part of them.

Ubud, in Bali is an extremely spiritual place and one cannot help being drawn to that spirituality when visiting this Bali island. The natural environment of rice paddies, the ceremonies and the people are part of the island's spirituality.

Ubud is surrounded by a number of small beautiful villages that are undoubtedly even more authentic than the center of Ubud town. In the surrounding villages, one can find peace and serenity among the vistas of paddy fields and forests.

Temples are the holiest places in Bali, where the special Balinese Hinduism is prayed. Visitors are always welcome to the temples and are permitted in most areas except the inner sanctums.

On the outskirts of Ubud, there is a variety of yoga places and spas to provide various therapies.

Art is also a large part of life in Bali. For the Balinese, all dimensions of life are expressions of a greater spiritual reality and as a result, artistry, creativity, and excellence are everywhere. They form Balinese daily life.

I am reminded of the success the success of the movie “Eat, Pray, Love” with Julia Roberts. The movie is based on the bestselling novel by Elizabeth Gilbert and has motivated thousands of travelers from all of the world to visit the small town of Ubud, Bali. Since the release of the film, Ubud has become a global tourist attraction.

“ Eat, Pray and Love “ is a story about a woman who comes looking for romance and healing in Ubud. It’s a very inspiring story and maybe has created hope for some women who visit Ubud. Perhaps the good vibes of the story will rub off on them and they will have a happy ending like the movie.

When I went to Bali, I wasn’t lost nor was I running away from any problems like the movie. Like any travels, I came to Bali to continue my search for deeper meaning in my life. Travel is always a journey of the heart, spirit and mind. I so , see, look and participate and then return home with a renewed sense of purpose and optimism.

As for romance, well, anything is possible on the island, but I have no ideas where or how to find it in Bali like the movie story. I am blessed in my life, going home, and I am looking forward to spending time with my friends and family again.

My photos will tell my journey to feel a sense of the Balinese spirit. The island called paradise within an ever increasing tumultuous world. Although Bali has problems too, I believe and hope it will always retain the magical charm that has made it world famous. Bali, Indonesia is an island that always captivates my heart.

Thank you to my best friend Arianna for arranging this amazing trip, yes I am happy. Yes, I am at peace in this world.
What is happiness between a man a…
He has a simple view of life
She had know how fight in the l…
Gorgeous hair is the best of me. …
Ils1976 says:
nice review Cicie and your pictures are just so beautiful! :D
Posted on: Jun 11, 2014
Vikram says:
I have heard there is a lot of yoga in Indonesia as well. One of my hot yoga teachers (he's American) did a stint there as well. Congrats on the featured review.
Posted on: Jun 06, 2014
Nana_gincin says:
Coooongratulatioooooons! ... the conjure was real, deserved recognition because you showed the heart of the people and the yours. Bravo girl!
Posted on: Jun 05, 2014