USA Hostels San Francisco

USA Hostels San Francisco Rates and Deals

USA Hostels San Francisco Reviews

brettjayhawk brettjay…
Great Backpackers Hostel Jun 09, 2012
I stayed in USA Hostels San Francisco for one night when I was in town for work. This hostel was a great place for any backpacker especially if you're traveling alone. They have a giant map of San Francisco with all the top places to visit while in San Francisco plus they have the instructions on how to get there printed out. In the morning they have free breakfast including make your own pancakes, toast, and bananas. Also they have 4 different types of juice and coffee. There is a pool table and a movie room and internet room.

The biggest room they have is a 4 person room with bunk beds. I spent the extra two dollars so I could have a bathroom/shower in my room. In the lockers they have an outlet so you can charge your laptop or whatever so its not just laying out for anyone to take (every hostel should have this!)

On Tuesday and Thursday they have a pub crawl. I went on Thursday night and there was around 15 of us. We went to 4 different bars/club and drinks tended to be 3.50 to 5 dollars depending on what you ordered. If you want to meet people I would definitely recommend going!

If there was a negative to staying here it was that check out was at 10 a.m. They do have a secure backroom to hold your stuff so you can explore the city if you flight isn't till later in the day. They tag your bag so only the staff can get it for you.
Front of teh hostel
JoeEurope JoeEurope
The Most AWESOME Hostel Sep 23, 2010
USA Hostels is actually more than just one location. They currently have a total of four locations: San Francisco, Hollywood, San Diego, and Las Vegas. They’ve been able to build up a very good reputation for themselves. I’ve heard nothing but good things about this place through other sources. And after staying with them for a couple of nights, I can say that everything I’ve heard is very true.

I stayed at the San Francisco location recently. It was very easy to find. The directions on their website were very accurate. The hostel has 5 floors plus a basement and is equipped with an elevator too.

I was just amazed at everything this hostel had to offer. All of their commons area is located downstairs in the basement. There’s a full kitchen with an endless supply of cooking utensils, multiple refrigerators and microwaves too. They offer free coffee and tea throughout the day. They also offer free make-your-own pancakes for breakfast every morning. There’s a huge dining area with plenty of places to sit and eat. Part of the dining area is also shared with a game area equipped with a pool table and foosball table. Just down the hall from the kitchen/dining area are other cool places to hang out. There’s a movie room with theater-style seating. You can rent movies and even games too from the front desk. There’s a small library with couches and chairs if you want some quiet time to yourself. There’s a laundry room with plenty of washers and dryers and free detergent too. And no need to worry about getting quarters; they have a dollar machine in the laundry room too. Also, there’s a computer room with access to the internet. And speaking of internet, wireless is available throughout the entire building – even in your rooms.

Okay, so what about the rooms? I was just as impressed. The rooms were good average size. The bed frames seem to be fairly new. The beds were a little squeaky, but it didn’t bother me much. Every room has a set of lockers. They looked to be about the same size as what you would find at your school. There were hooks inside each locker to hang stuff and even a couple of electrical outlets so you could charge your cameras or laptops or anything else you might have. The bathrooms were small but very nice and clean. No problems in getting a hot shower.

The hostel may be in an older building, but the inside has some very nice upgrades. It looks like they are doing a very good job in keeping in line with the 21st century. The staff was very courteous and knowledgeable about the area. And they have plenty of activities going on throughout the week, both at the hostel and out in the city.

I must say, this has been the best hostel I’ve stayed at thus far. Have you stayed here before? Post your comments if you have?
asmulders asmulders
Near Union Square, the belly button of SF Mar 24, 2010
I think the location of this hostel is great if you need to be close to Union Square, Powell Street & Market Street.

The staff was very friendly and helpful every time I asked them a question.

My private room (without ensuite bathroom) had a great soft queen-size bed and it was very clean.

Shared showers and toilets were clean all the time.

The room next door had some loud party people, but I was so exhausted from walking all over this wonderful city that it didn't bother me.

I will stay here again.
Private room at USA Hostels, SF
WalterC WalterC
Great place to stay Sep 22, 2009
Some blocks from the BART station near Union Square, near the intersection of Powell and Market Streets, the USA Hostel is a very nice place to stay while in San Francisco.

USA Hostels has hostels in various locations in California and Las Vegas. I chose this one, after staying at an USA Hostels in another location. And turned out to be a good move.

The staff is very nice and helpful, if you need any help and have any questions. There is a common room and kitchen at the bottom floor, along with computer terminals for internet access. But the internet is not free.

The rooms are basic, with a sink and lockers in them. The beds are comfortable. Bathrooms are down the hall, and showers have their own room. They are very nice as well. Breakfast is included, which is an all-you-can eat of waffles. And pretty good waffles, I might add.

This hostel is one of the best in San Francisco, if not the best.
EvEl EvEl
For the backpackers Jan 25, 2009
We stayed for 3 nights in this hostel, we had a room with a shower included for the 2 of us. The room was small and the bathroom even smaller. The location was okay, it was not far to the cable cars and with those cars you could go to the busier places.

Check USA Hostels Rates and Deals