USA Hostels San Diego

USA Hostels San Diego Rates and Deals

USA Hostels San Diego Reviews

Sabrinst Sabrinst
Nice and clean hostel in the center of San Diego Oct 02, 2011
I stayed in this hostel while traveling alone in California.

It was the nicest of the couple of hostels I stayed while traveling there and in my opinion the best of the 3 different hostels I've stayed in San Diego.

The location in the city centre was very convenient and close to the main public transportation services.

The room I stayed in was clean and nice, and working (!) lockers were available in the room (bring your own lock though).

The hostel offered many activities (trips, party evenings etc.).

Free make-yourself-as-many-pancakes-as-you-can-eat breakfast was available and I would definitely recommend taking advantage of this offer.

A mall and a Starbucks are in walking distance in case someone prefers something else for breakfast.

I (traveling solo) felt safe in the area and there are bars and restaurants for a night out in walking distance of the hostel.

The only minus was, that there was no Internet reception in my room (it was a room at the outer corner of the hostel), it worked smoothly everywhere else though (there are couches to sit on outside of the rooms).

I would definitely stay in this hostel again and I would recommend it to every traveler looking for a hostel in the centre of San Diego.
AlixR AlixR
Affordable, Fun and Clean Sep 30, 2011
This hostel is in a good location within the Gas Lamp District and really close to public transport links.

The beds comfortable and have a screen surrounding one end. There was a shelf, plug socket and light built into the screen which was very useful especially at night. The rooms had lockers but they were upright which meant there wasn't enough room to fit a suitcase, in turn meaning that 4 girls, 4 beds, 4 cases and 4 lockers in a small room was a bit of a squeeze. I was there in the height of summer and although there was a fan in the room, the window didn’t open enough and it did get very warm in there.

The bathrooms were spotless and I always saw them being cleaned. Communal areas were to the same standard.

The staff at the hostel arranged a visit to Tijuana, a Mexican city just across the border. I think almost everyone went (50 in all) which made it a lot of fun and was a great way to get to know people. As far as I know they do this every week and it cost me $17. Although, if you do decided to do this trip, I would advise that you listen to the hostel staff during the safety briefing. The staff were all very helpful and went above and beyond to ensure my stay was a good one.

I would stay here again, and I probably will because I loved San Diego!
AlixR says:
No sorry I didn't take any
Posted on: Nov 16, 2011
simsing says:
No Photo?
Posted on: Sep 30, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About USA Hostels San Diego

11 pm is "quiet time"!
Aloha, San Diego.... I have to say i wasnt really that impressed with San Diego to be honest. The Hostel i stayed in called USA Hostels, San Diego was very strict i found. There is a 11pm "quiet t…San Diego to be honest. The Hostel i stayed in called USA Hostels, San Diego was very…
We are on our way to SO CAL :)
After getting some curly fries at Jack in the Box for me ( we don't have those in New York!!!) we started to hit the I - 5 south for San Diego. I really couldn't believe we actually were on our way..…USA Hostels San Diego! Ray even managed to carry my gigantic, 200 pound heavy bag up the stairs…

Check USA Hostels Rates and Deals