U.S. Open

Flushing, New York

U.S. Open Flushing Reviews

lynnep lynnep
You've gotta go at least once! Apr 07, 2008
The U.S. Open is really neat, you can get autographs very easily, and the USTA organizes lots of neat things - like you can take a picture with your favorite player superimposed (free). There's nothing like seeing a great match on a side court - you are practically sitting right on the court. I never realized just how fast those tennis balls fly! The fans are great too; people come from all over and get dressed up with face paint and flags and so on. One of my favorite memories is taking a picture with a group of Aussie men, all were painted yellow and blue from head to toe! I also walked by Martina Navratilova in the Armstrong Stadium - she was coming off the court, and I totally didn't realize I was near the player's exit. It happened really fast, but I will always remember that moment! If you aren't a tennis fan, you should go just for a day. It is one of the biggest sports events in the world, and it's right here in New York. I can't understand why some New Yorkers have never gone to it. It's just crazy to willingly miss out on such an awesome event. The U.S. Open has the largest stadium off all the Opens (called Arthur Ashe Stadium). Good place to take a few pics!
Horus380 says:
I definitely want to go the the US open sometime, Wimbledon and the French open last year were awesome, you should try and go when you go to Europe this year.
Posted on: Apr 11, 2008