ULU

JL _DanauTamblingan no 85, Sanur, Indonesia

ULU Sanur Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Thai food!!!!!!!!! Aug 02, 2012
I had cravings for Thai food and ULU was the only restaurant that I had seen, that served Thai food. The place looked nice with rustic brown wooden furniture, green cushions and white tablecloths. The menu looked all right too, with soup, salads, beef & chicken dishes as well as noodles & rice dishes. Indonesian specialities were also on the menu. So was dessert, but no mango sticky rice, which is my favourite. They also had a good selection of cocktails.

I wanted both Tom Kha Gai soup and Chicken with cashew nuts. The waiter said that the soup was big, so luckily I only order the soup to begin with. First I was given complimentary peanuts and a cold washcloth. Then the soup. It had an obvious taste of coriander, but they must have forgotten both the lemon grass and the chilli. For a Tom Kha Gai soup it was boring. After the blend soup I did not feel like ordering the chicken with cashew nuts, which I originally wanted.

After I was served the soup I felt a little forgotten. The whole experience at ULU was quite boring, so I just wanted to pay and leave. It took a little while to get their attention so I could ask for the bill.

The service wasn´t bad, just lack of English, and it was not bad food, but the visit to this place was boring. Therefore I will not return to ULU.

Their slogan was: “The best Thai food in Bali”. They must have come up with this themselves, because it´s not difficult to beat this restaurant when it comes to food authenticity. Every time I walked by ULU, the restaurant was empty. I guess I know why!
Menu holder
spocklogic says:
Lack of patrons usually tells the story, and they didn't seem to make the effort to serve you better either. : (
Posted on: Aug 03, 2012