UAE Youth Hostel Association

Check Dubai Hotel Deals

UAE Youth Hostel Association Dubai Reviews

JP_Yu JP_Yu
Budget staying in Dubai Mar 31, 2011
When in a tight budget in Dubai, it is hard to look for a reasonable hostel to bunk in.

UAE Youth hostel offers 100 dirhams per night on a shared accomodation with free breakfast.

The location is a little far from the city center but can be access by bus.

The hostel has a swimming pool and a computer with internet(with a fee). It is near Lulu supermarket and quite near the airport too
jlchatham jlchatham
Dubai's only hostel Aug 10, 2009
I think this is the only hostel in Dubai. For me, this meant I stayed here or didn't go to Dubai. The hostel itself is fairly immaculate. It's very clean, quite large, and has a swimming pool. And it was only about 30 USD a night. I stayed there for 6 nights in Oct. of 2008. There were just a few quirks:

Reservation is done by email or by calling. You can't reserve for more than three nights and if you need to stay longer you're supposed to email them again asking for availability. Fortunately, I didn't have to do that as there weren't very many people there.

On the whole, the desk staff were the most unfriendly and unhelpful workers I've ever encountered in a hostel.

Check in is at 2 pm (I think) and you cannot check in earlier. Despite arriving at 11:30, staying in a dorm and with the hostel not even half full, I had to wait 2.5 hours. I asked them to point out the hostel on a map and they said they didn't know. I asked which bus to take to the souq and they told me to ask the driver. I asked where the bus stop was and they said, literally, on the road. Noooo kidding.

But I would go back as it is the only place I could realistically afford and the hostel itself was so nice. And desk staff routinely change, or they could have just been having a bad week. That shouldn't be a deterrent, in my opinion.

Check Dubai Hotel Deals