U Prince Restaurant

www.hoteluprince.com - 4207 3726 1842

U Prince Restaurant Prague Reviews

jeminigirl jeminigi…
Unbelievable service - for the wrong reasons Aug 23, 2011
Having passed the restaurant area attached to the U Prince hotel a number of times it looked a popular place to dine.

Service - Major disappointment

We asked for a table for two and were seated on the edge of the restaurant area overlooking the Old Town Square, we were given menus at this point. About 5 minutes later a family of four were seated on the adjoining table to us. The waiter was more attentive towards them evident when he took their drinks/meal order before ours. When the waiter came to take our order we had already chosen our main courses as well so ordered these at the same time. The family on the next table had been given a basket of bread, we had to ask for bread, when it arrived the waiter was rather surly and there was no butter to accompany the bread. We had both ordered ravioli, but with different fillings. When the main courses arrived (again after the family on the adjoining table) we were given the wrong main course each, but I suppose that could easily have been done.

I have to say that the service went from bad to worse, after eating my main course before Karin had finished hers my plate was immediately taken away before the fork had touched the plate. A bit surprising given that we are used to the whole party finishing their meals before the crockery and cutlery is removed. Worse still, Karin was just in the middle of eating a bread roll when the waiter came over and removed both her empty plate from the main course and also the side plate with the half eaten bread roll, he was that quick we did not have chance to say anything to him.

Food

As I said before the bread came without any butter, so was very dry. The main courses were a huge disappointment given the lack of food on the plate, there were seven pieces of ravioli each, and no option of black pepper or Parmesan cheese either. My ravioli was in also in a very watery sauce.

Overall evaluation

Given the rudeness of the waiter we did not even ask for the dessert menu as I could not stay there a moment longer. This is a great shame as the hotel looked lovely and obviously the restaurant seating area is in a prime location overlooking the Old Town Square. I have to say that the service was appalling, though I would prefer to think that the waiter was just having a bad day. The bill came to 721 koruna which equates to about 30.00
jeminigirl says:
May - Prague is a beautiful city - I'm sure that you would love it, perhaps we just visited the wrong restaurants - perhaps they are not all the same =)
Posted on: Jun 14, 2013
cotton_foam says:
A friend of mine message me last night if I am interested of visiting Prague...now at least have an idea Allie when it comes to restaurant costumer service...
Posted on: Jun 13, 2013
Butterfly971 says:
I've been to Prague and I sometimes feel the same when I was at the restaurant...
Posted on: Sep 06, 2011