U Fly Extreme

U Fly Extreme - Chocks Away
U Fly Extreme - Loving the flight suits
U Fly Extreme - Checking out the equipment
U Fly Extreme - Checking out the equipment
U Fly Extreme - Look at me go !!
U Fly Extreme - Look at me go !!
U Fly Extreme - Yay I did it !!

U Fly Extreme Abel Tasman Reviews

JellsBells JellsBel…
Flying a stunt plane above the beautiful Abel Tasman Aug 15, 2011
When I visited NZ in February 2011 I was lucky enough to stop by the wonderful U Fly Extreme company and took the opportunity to pilot one of their stunt planes.

The company is run by Vincent D'Ath and his wife and the whole atmosphere is exciting and professional. First you get to zip yourselves into a flight suit and then get your flying order (when travelling in groups). While you are waiting they have TopGun soundtrack playing .. we were all getting very excited listening to Danger Zone watching our fellow travellers take to the skies. They even provided tea coffee and toast while we sat around chatting excitedly on the sofas .. so cosy.

When my turn came around I was a wonderful mix of excited and totally petrified. Vincent gets in the back of the plane and explains the controls to you via your headphones. He explains that he will control the plane off the ground and then we take control with his support at every stage. There are dual controls he can take at any time. He explains basic controls such as hard right, pull back and gentle left. I don't take long to get a little carried away.

Its go time !! Your racing along a runway and in the air before you know it taking control of an amazing stunt plane in the skies. I got to loop the loop, roll the plane and fly upside down. All at the slightest movement of a joy stick with the calming support of vincent at every stage and the beautiful Abel Tasman below me. Its going to be hard to top this valentines day. Some people in my group even bought this experience twice whilst we were in town.

If you can afford the DVD i would of course encourage it as I have watched mine so many times and every time its just as exciting. At one point I hit 4.5G ha ha. I am not much better driving a car to be honest. The video is professionally put together and shows clearly that you are in control of the plane as Vincent raises his arms when your handling the maneuvers.

Afterwards they even let us indulge in Top Gun and make a little video of everyone walking out of the hanger, sunglasses and pouts galore. Amazing day.

So if you stop by Abel Tasman I would ask for directions to U Fly Extreme ... best adventure activity in town. Tell them Jells sent you :-)

Loving the flight suits
Checking out the equipment
Chocks Away

Compare Riwaka Hotel Rates (13.3km away)

Abel Tasman Map