U Barssa

U Barssa - Very happy :)

U Barssa Warsaw Reviews

Pearl510 Pearl510
Nice restaurant with delicious food in a wonderful location Jul 21, 2008
U Barssa restaurant is on the Rynek Starego Miasta, the main square of old Warsaw. This is a beautiful location, very cozy in the evening.

The restaurant itself is upstairs, downstairs there is a bar. We really enjoyed our meal here. The staff was very polite and helpful and there was live piano music all night long. The interior is rather rustic but nice. It really suits the location.

The menu is in English as well as in Polish, not very extended, but with something for everyone. Only vegetarian dishes are not to be found, but even I managed to pick something that I liked. And God did I like it! We all were very happy with the dishes we had chosen, as well as with the wine. Absolutely delicious. The deserts were amazing as well. I can't even repeat the name of my moms cake. I think it was chocolate cake with poppy seeds, but most of all it was huge :) My father and I had tiramisu, which looked a bit odd but tasted superb.

I must say, Warsaw is very expensive for Polish standards, and so is the food. We had a hard time finding nice places to eat. Either the food was over priced or the staff was rude. But here you get what you pay for. Prices are comparable with those of Western Europe, except here you get more luxury for it. I would really recommend U Barssa restaurant. It is the best place we've eaten in Warsaw and we all regretted that we didn't came back here on our last night.
Nice interior and lovely food and …
Poppy seed chocolate cake