Tzitzakis & Mermigas

210/32.47.607

Tzitzakis & Mermigas Athens Reviews

mdfehmel mdfehmel
Great Greek Food by the Parliament Feb 01, 2010
This was the best meal I had in Athens - hands down. Located in the city square fronted by the Paliament building, this charming restaurant is decorated to look like an old grocery. It is loud and casual - a perfect atmosphere for a group of friends to drink, get loud and gorge themselves on more food than they really should eat. Joined by an old college friend of mine that now lives in Athens, we agreed to treat this experience like a tapas restaurant, ordering several smaller dishes and sharing them. Before you even order a dish of various types of olives and peppers along with two complimentary glasses of raki (one of the many grappa like drinks that are distilled from grape skins) are provided. Some of the notable dishes that I can remember were the melintzanosalata (roasted eggplant garlic spread) and the Mastihisio (chicken in masticha sauce). The latter was one of the most unique flavors I have ever experienced and would say that, if you eat here, that you MUST order it. I will be back!!
The decor of Tzitzikas and Mermiga…
mdfehmel says:
I know - I wish I could correct the name!!
Posted on: Feb 08, 2010
mdfehmel says:
Vas - Thanks for the correction. Unfortunately I can't change the title of the review but I did make the change in the picture caption.
Posted on: Feb 01, 2010