Tzin Wine & Tapas

(780) 428-8946

Tzin Wine & Tapas Edmonton Reviews

Rokerij Rokerij
Table With a View Jan 27, 2012
We've known about this place for a couple of years but have never made it in due to forgetting about it when planning meals downtown. It just seems there was always something new we wanted to try, and after the past few disappointments downtown (see MRKT and LiT) we realized we should give this place a try.

It was my wife's birthday and I made a reservation a few days in advance. I asked for a table with a view. The plan was to have a relaxing dinner and go to the Demitri Martin stand-up comedy show at Winspear.

Upon arriving we walked in to a literally packed house of maybe 12 people. This place was tiny. I am not exaggerating when I say my personal kitchen and dining room is bigger than this entire restaurant. Fortunately the owner/waitress/hostess/bartender who received my request for a table with a view had a good laugh at me but still managed to meet my request by putting us at a high table overlooking the kitchen. There is one window in the dining area that happened to be overlooking the filming of a movie that evening - just to add to the ambiance of the place.

We got settled into our table and ordered up a couple of Czech beers while going through the menu and wine list. My first time having a czech beer and I was a big fan.

After about 30 minutes we were basically drooling watching the food come out. Every single thing they made was so precisely prepared and plated. Not a single detail was missed. We finally decided to go for the crab stuffed shrimp, potato brasola, and lamb chops. All of which were delicious. Before our food even came out we already planned our selections for our second visit which will happen very soon.

We got a nice bottle of Spanish wine and continued enjoying our food and drinks while talking and watching the cooking of every thing on the menu.

After the meal and wine was done we decided to order a couple of beers and get the bill. This way we could rush in a couple beers before going to the show. The owner brought us our beers and accompanied it with the most amazing chocolate mousse cake I've ever eaten. She said it was her treat because she liked it so much and wanted us to try it. One of those small things that probably cost them very little, but will guarantee a return visit from us.

The price was slightly high for small plates, but worth every penny when you see how meticulous the chef and sous chef were and how perfectly balanced each dish is.

This place is the perfect place for dates or even small groups of friends to meet up. Make sure you get a reservation because we were there on a Tuesday and the place was full the entire time and people were getting turned away. Apparently that is always how it is there.

Check Edmonton Hotel Deals