Txapela

Barcelona, Spain

Txapela Barcelona Reviews

moviegal226 moviegal…
Cheap Paradise for Adventurous Eaters May 31, 2012
We wandered into this little tapas bar while walking around Barcelona. It looked lively we stopped inside. The concept is simple: sit down at the bar and choose your tapas from behind the glass counter (or refer to your placemat -- it has photos of all of the available items). Simply point to what you want (knowing a little Spanish does help, especially if you know your numbers).

When we were there it was during Happy Hour. We got 3 very large tapas and 2 small glasses of house wine for 6 Euro total! It was a great deal. I'm an adventurous eater so I just picked 3 items that looked unusual and they were. One thing I ordered was octopus and it was delicious. There are better tapas bars in the city, but this place is great for my fellow budget travelers out there.

This place is a great value and is a wonderful way to sample Barcelona's tasty tapas, and I'm not so sure it caters to tourists because the menu was only in Spanish and the employees only spoke Spanish (as it SHOULD be in Spain)! Stop in if you want to go on a culinary adventure without too much effort.
dr_sanch dr_sanch
Txapela - Great Tapas near Barcelona's center Jul 13, 2011
Right off Plaza de la Cataluyna (Barcelona's main square), is a fantastic Tapas restaurant I visited on a couple of occasions during my stay called Txapela. I'll stay away from commenting too much on the price because they weren't a bargain but they were excellent. I made sure Txapela was my last meal in Barcelona on my last day there! Excellent way to enjoy a summer's evening was to sit outside on their terrace and enjoy some sangria and tapas. Highly recommended.

Check Barcelona Hotel Deals