Two Fisted Mario's Pizza

1626 Market Street, Denver, CO, USA

Two Fisted Mario's Pizza Denver Reviews

huddleston huddlest…
Drunk pizza at its BEST! Apr 18, 2010
As the bouncers are ushering you out of the bar and the last drink you downed is not feeling as great at the first, I know the only thing on your mind is drunken munchies. Taco Bell is calling your name. If you are in Denver hanging out at any LoDo bar, stop in to two-fisted Mario’s for a slice (or a whole pie) of great pizza.

Two-Fisted Mario's is open during the afternoon and evening for normal meals, but for me it just doesn't seem right going in there before 2am. The place really starts to rock and roll once the bar-goers begin filing in for a late night snack. The place is hip in an artsy, divey kind of way. The decor (or lack there of) is organically cool and dark. Decor isn’t everything though; food is! Mario's does not disappoint. Just ask the hundreds of patrons who wait in line for a slice on the weekends. They offer a near-perfect imitation of New York, thin-crust pizza. The crust is baked to a crispy, yet soft perfection. Cheesy, greasy goodness never tasted so good. You can grab a slice for just under $2. My friends and I frequent Mario's after a night out. We usually order a whole pie, which is even a better deal.

A word to the wise, Mario’s is not the most politically correct eating establishment in Colorado. Don't even consider setting foot in Mario’s if you are a). easily offended, b). afraid of pierced hairy rockers, c). don't enjoy waiting in line, d). don't have any cash. Nearly every time I have been to Mario’s, there has been a fight or incident that requires someone to be led out by on of the staff members. In my opinion the kitchen and ovens are on the verge of being dirty. The counter staff, and pizza artists can be rude if you are not ready to order or don't know the lingo when it's your turn to grab your pizza. All of these things only add to the experience in my opinion. I feel like I am in a grungy part of New York with no nonsense city peeps. I love the vibe and crazy, crazy staff.

Definitely pay in cash and pay great attention for your name when your slice is ready. If you don't come calling for your food right away or someone tries to steal your pie, the staff has no sympathy (thus the numerous fights I have seen).

I love eating a late night slice at Marios. On top of the great pizza, I have met hilarious and fun people while there. It is an experience like non other!
malthen malthen
Good pizza when you need it most Mar 30, 2009
It’s 2 am, and that last shot of Jager that you just did is starting to feel like a bad idea. Enter Two-Fisted Mario’s. This place will save you life…well, at least the embarrassment of having to ask the cab driver to pull over. Pizza by the slice or by the pie and all the usual suspects for toppings. If you are there in the early morning hours, some sort of chaos will ensue. It is typically quite busy so get there early or be prepared to wait. The attached bar (Double Daughter’s Salotto) is a pretty cool spot as well. The pizza is equally as good during the daylight hours too.

Check Denver Hotel Deals