Twisted Fish Company

550 South Franklin Street, Juneau, AK, USA
Twisted Fish Company - My salmon in puff pastry, enscalloped potatoes, and the breat knot
Twisted Fish Company - Entrance to Twisted Fish
Twisted Fish Company - View from restaurant
Twisted Fish Company - Twisted Fish Company

Twisted Fish Company Juneau Reviews

poohstanggt poohstan…
Seafood with a View Jul 04, 2008
Owned by the same company that owns Hangar on the Wharf, I figured the food here was probably excellent as well. Several locals recommended this as a great place for a nice dinner so I decided to check it out one night since it was right by where I was staying and Keith was working anyways.

I didn't have a reservation and just lucked out getting a small table windowside. I was surprised they were so busy around 7pm on a day when there was only one cruise ship docked. I had originally just planned to sit at the bar and make nice with the bartender for other suggestions on what to do in the area but the bar area only seated 6 people and they were three deep so I scratched that idea.

I had checked the menu out online so I already knew what I was ordering - baked salmon in a puff pastry shell. This is similar to a Salmon Wellington which I had a few years ago at a winery restaurant and have been hooked ever since. I can make it but it never is as good as the one I had all those years ago.

The salmon ($19.95) came with a choice of enscalloped potatoes, twisted fries, or sticky white rice. I opted for the enscalloped potatoes and with all their entrees a cheese bread knot is included. OMG, I could've eaten a dozen of those if not for all the other starch and carbodhydrates I was inhaling from the puff pastry and the rich potatoes! LOL.

I cheated on Alaskan Amber and went with a California Pinot to compliment the fish which worked well. The softness of the Pinot Noir did not overpower the fish which was a boneless filet of salmon with crab meat, bay shrimp, and seasoned cream cheese, stuffed in the pastry shell. Nothing like a rich meal here, huh?

It was excellent though and the service was fantastic. The location offers a great view across the channel to Douglas Island and is located next to the Mount Roberts Tramway, in the Taku Smokeries building.

They are only open seasonally which makes sense since no cruise ships travel there from October through May, but during high season they are open from 11am until 10pm 7 days a week and reservations are definitely recommended.
Entrance to Twisted Fish
Twisted Fish Company
View from restaurant
My salmon in puff pastry, enscallo…
ewrewr12 says:
um - I think this place is "ok" the food is good but the atmosphere is a little to cafateria style for me. I think the hanger is much better. I do like the halibut pizza, the garlic twisters, and the salids though. I work on the dock right next to there so i get take out a lot.
Posted on: Apr 28, 2009
poohstanggt says:
No clue! LOL! I never saw anyone order them...I kinda wondered if they were actually like curly fries or something.
Posted on: Oct 10, 2008
pinchora says:
sounds good but this is called twisted fish... but what are twisted fries?
Posted on: Oct 09, 2008