Twiga Campsite

Mto Wa Mbu, Tanzania

Twiga Campsite Mto Wa Mbu Reviews

Jemennuie Jemennuie
Comfortable Campsite Nov 14, 2010
I have now visited Twiga campsite twice. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay both times. The first stay was for around a week. I was staying in one of the double rooms. The room was very clean, the water hot, the bed much more comfortable than I was used to at this point in the trip and the tv allowed me to see the world cup! Mto wa Mbu has many markets and souvenir areas. It is slightly more expensive than Arusha but the people are very friendly and will negotiate a price if you are looking for trinkets to bring home. The campsite is walled off and has a 24 guard. Mama Twiga and her staff are wonderful and very friendly (especially Maggie the bartender who will remember your favorite drink after just a few visits). Despite the name of the town meaning "river of mosquitos" I had very little problem with the bugs and the netting that they supply is more than adequate if you keep it over your bed the ENTIRE time. The food was decent and the stay was very pleasant. The second stay was in tents and still quite pleasant but the showers weren't quite as warm and there isn't anywhere to place your things. All in all a great stay and quite close to safari destinations.
My Room.
Some art vendors.
The road through Mtu Wa Mbu.

Related Travel Blogs About Twiga Campsite

Christmas in Mto wa Mbu
Got up 6am, packed up camp, had breakfast and headed to Twiga campsite in Mto wa Mbu. Pitched our tents then jumped straight in the pool which was wonderful! We had the same lunch as usual (except we…Twiga campsite in Mto wa Mbu. Pitched our tents then jumped straight in the pool which was wonderful! We had the same…
Mto Wa Mbu Map