Tuyet Lan Orchids Tailor Shop

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Tuyet Lan Orchids Tailor Shop Ho Chi Minh City Reviews

Scorpio5310 Scorpio5…
High quality tailor in Ho Chi Minh Coty Dec 29, 2011
I took my wife to this shop at 84 Le Loi Street in District 1, based on a recommendation on this website.

My wife was looking to buy a formal gown for a forthcoming wedding. Our first two days in HCM she had dragged me from boutique to boutique, but nothing she liked fitted (as she is a bit more "cuddly" thanmostvietnamese women), so I suggested that she have something tailor made. This seemed a better optin than spending our whole Vietnam vacation shopping, as there were a few other attractions that I wanted to see!

She used the off the shelf range to decide what she wanted and to guide the design and negotiations - the one she chose was a very elaborate design with lots of bells and glittery things, so the quote was not particularly cheap at USD420 (but perhaps that is just my view as I don't buy a lot of gowns). Anyway, it's almost twice what it cost for a week in our hotel.

My advice is always to allow plenty of time for extra fittings, and always keep your cool and make any criticisms with a smile on your face.

My wife did specify at the outset that the gown would need a bigger cup size than the one on the rack, to accommodate her more ample cleavage.

We paid a USD200 initial payment, then all her measurements were taken, and an appointment made for 1pm two days' later for the first fitting. (Time to fit in a tour to Cu Chin).

At the first fitting various adjustments were identified, and also the need for a bigger cup size as they has (contrary to my wife's instructions) used the same cup sizeas on the shelf stock. We were asked to return at 5pm for another fitting.

At the 2nd fitting, the cup size still hadn't been changed and the gown hung terribly, causing my wife considerable displeasure (which she was unable to contain) and distress. We wre asked to return the following day at 1pm for a 3rd fitting.

Fortunately, at the 3rd fitting everything had been fixed - the gown looks great and the wife was very happy.
kebrunn kebrunn
Great Shop for Custom Made Clothes Jul 06, 2008
This shop is definitely the best of its kind I've ever visited. If Tuyet Lan's doesn't have something you're looking for, they can make it happen. Unlike most tailor shops they have a lot of clothing on hand for those who prefer cash and carry, but you can also have anything on the floor made to order in a different color, size, length etc. If you've been searching for something specific and haven't ever found it you can work with a sales girl to create something from your imagination.

The employees were what made me love this place so much-- they all had great personalities and were very talkative. My friend Stephanie is my life sized Barbie doll and I love picking out random things to have her try on. The shop girls found this really entertaining and nearly all of them were watching Stephanie's one girl runway show after a while. One of them even asked if she would mind trying on a few new designs they had made because they'd never gotten to see them on a "real model" before. Some how having them around made it feel more like an activity than just shopping.

Prices vary based on complexity and fabric choice, and Stephanie found they were pretty generous with discounting when you buy multiple items. I wasn't going to get anything as I was running out of room in my pack, but after some prodding from my favorite of the sales girls, I decided I wanted on of the ao dai t-shirts they were all wearing as sort of uniform. It is cutest, most comfortable thing I own. I think I paid $30 or $35US, not a steal but I don't feel ripped off in the slightest. I was impressed with them-- they talked me into it the last afternoon we were in and managed to make my shirt by 8 am the next morning.

They do not have any men's clothing on the floor, but they do make suits from the catalogs.

Check Ho Chi Minh City Hotel Deals