Tutes Bakery

Greenwood Ave, Waukegan, IL, USA

Tutes Bakery Waukegan Reviews

mistyleatherneck mistylea…
Delicious and special Bakery May 12, 2011
Mom was coming to visit me at my new home for a week and I had missed spending her birthday and Mothers day with her since I had moved from Virginia Beach to here in the the Great North not to mention how cold it is up here. Anyway, I looked in the phone book and saw that the Bakery was two blocks from my home so I gave them a call. I asked if they could make birthday cakes and where they were located.

I made my way there and was greeted at the door early in the morning by the delicious smell of homemade breads, cakes, doughnuts, muffins, and all the beautiful desserts that this Latin Bakery produces.

I had only been to a Latin Bakery maybe a couple times but when I walked in the smells just greeted me. I looked at all the Cakes and Jello Desserts in the case and found all of them to be quite interesting. I eyed a cake with peaches, strawberry's and chocolate. I asked what the type of cake was and was told it was Tres De Leches and I was told it is a "wet cake" unlike the traditional dry cakes that the majority of Americans are used to. I ordered it and the day my mother flew in, before she arrived I picked up the beautiful cake.

We celebrated a wonderful Birthday and Mothers Day with that delicious cake.

The bakery opens early in the morning and one can smell the delightful treats everyday from blocks away.

I highly recommend if anyone wants a special birthday cake or wedding cake or Quincinera cake to go here!

Check Waukegan Hotel Deals